453rd Museum build....Lightning strikes twice.

2 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Sooo, our Dear general did this too ??

I'm sure that our @Martian didn't know it !!

277466736_3073677789548685_8366810851943838299_n

Cheers !!

CC

I don't think that @Ex-FAAWAFUis going to find this one very funny! :dalek1:I'm off to take cover in the nearest nuclear fallout centre!

Concerned of Mars 👽

• Haha 3

Thanks Mark, appreciated.

I've now repainted the base slabs with a concrete mix and added splatter and various stains and marks. There's still more general weathering (no relation) and dirtying up of the grass edges to be done but I want to end up overemphasizing the display base to the point where it overshadows the model itself.

1-AGD-2259.jpg

I've also 3D printed, painted and weathered a few fuel/oil drums, fuel line, hand pump and ammo boxes (yet to be painted) to add a bit more interest but I think that'll be about it, re my comments above.

1-AGD-2251.jpg

More soon...

Melchie

• Like 14

23 hours ago, Martian said:

I don't think that @Ex-FAAWAFUis going to find this one very funny! :dalek1:I'm off to take cover in the nearest nuclear fallout centre!

Concerned of Mars 👽

Why not?  It takes the p*ss out of the Crabs, which is a National Sport in the Fleet Air Arm. 

Confused of Sarum

• Haha 8

3 hours ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

It takes the p*ss out of the Crabs, which is a National Sport in the Fleet Air Arm. 

Is there some sort of fleet wide league I wonder.................. 🤔

Terry

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

Excellent base my dear General !!

Another well done job !!

I hope to go and pay a visit to the museum...

Seeing all these kits done by my friends !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Thanks 1

On 4/2/2022 at 6:56 PM, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

Why not?  It takes the p*ss out of the Crabs, which is a National Sport in the Fleet Air Arm. 

Confused of Sarum

Thanks Sir !!

The way I think too !!

:drink:

Sincerely.

CC

On 02/04/2022 at 21:05, Terry1954 said:

s there some sort of fleet wide league I wonder.................. 🤔

Is there some sort of Fleet?

I thought we were all trying desperately to recover from Camoron-ean Austerity.

I believe there were more boats on Swanshurst Park pool back in my day than Camoron left ships to the Royal Navy

Or Air Force to the runways, "Oh good we can sell the real estate!"

Or footsloggers to the half dozen tanks..........

Boy I am glad I only do models

• Haha 6

Thanks chaps,

Cheers Mark, should be wrapped up soon. Lovely job on your Avenger by the way.

I thought we were all trying desperately to recover from Camoron-ean Austerity.

I  believe there were more boats on Swanshurst Park pool back in my day than Camoron left ships to the Royal Navy

Or Air Force to the runways, "Oh good we can sell the real estate!"

Or footsloggers to the half dozen tanks..........

Boy I am glad I only do models

All true Bill, still, here at Melchett Towers (only a few short miles from both Waddington and Scampton) I can still pretend we have a real Air Force, as along with the regular comings and goings of resident E3s and RC-135Ws we also have Coningsby's Typhoons along with Poseidon's, Chinooks, Apaches and the occasional F-35, C-130J and C-17. Add to that the daily practices of our beloved Reds (as I type this), Scampton's resident Hunter and even a thunderous display recently of the gloss black/union flag marked display aircraft of the Typhoon Display Team and all seems right with the state of our armed services. Talk about living in a bubble...and very happy to. 

Anyhoo, back to the P-38 and I've just about finished the base and temporarily fitted the figures via small pins glued into the base. Shadows will be added under them and the ground items to avoid that 'stuck on' look. Ammo boxes and fuel drums are done and will be added once the aircraft has been fixed into position.  

Hope you approve.

Cheers :cheers:

Melchie, fork-lift/tail devil....

Trees will be weathered next and the base edging black paint touched up and sealed...

2-AGD-2301.jpg

Pilot chap isn't going through his mission in his head or having an argument with himself, he'll be next to the undercarriage doors going though his preflight check...as they are all a push-fit, the figures can all be swiveled into position for correct placement.

1-AGD-2288.jpg

3-AGD-2303.jpg

• Like 12

You can bloody paint figures, too.  How depressing for the rest of us.

Love that pilot having a word with himself; that's exactly what had come into my head before I read what you had written.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, general melchett said:

All true Bill, still, here at Melchett Towers (only a few short miles from both Waddington and Scampton) I can still pretend we have a real Air Force, as along with the regular comings and goings of resident E3s and RC-135Ws we also have Coningsby's Typhoons along with Poseidon's, Chinooks, Apaches and the occasional F-35, C-130J and C-17. Add to that the daily practices of our beloved Reds (as I type this), Scampton's resident Hunter and even a thunderous display recently of the gloss black/union flag marked display aircraft of the Typhoon Display Team and all seems right with the state of our armed services. Talk about living in a bubble...and very happy to. 

Well General, there must be another bubble down here on the coast in deepest Dorset. .............. Regular Warship sightings (must be from some sort of fleet), rather large numbers of Merlin's and Wildcat's, and decent numbers of Chinook's, C-130's even the odd Typhoon and Hawk. Aslo hardly a weekday passes without the constant crump and thud of tank rounds pounding the Lulworth Hills. And although not strictly part of HM Armed Forces, again only this very morning a low level pass by a beautiful orange and grey Sea King XV666, none other than Damien himself I believe Crisp @Ex-FAAWAFU, from our Heliop neighbours at Portland!

3 hours ago, general melchett said:

Pilot chap isn't going through his mission in his head or having an argument with himself, he'll be next to the undercarriage doors going though his preflight check

Thank goodness for that. For a moment I thought he'd been at some of that obnoxious home brew that Baldrick is so fond of!

As Crisp suggests, your figure painting skills are superb, and these little chaps will look very at home around the P-38.

Marvellous stuff!

Terry

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks chaps, always appreciated. 

I’ll post the finished article in RFI tomorrow Giorgio, along with a bit of historical context. Yes, Colonel Dayhuff definitely looks lost without his aerial steed.

Sounds like you’ve got a bit going on down there Terry,

5 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

Regular Warship sightings (must be from some sort of fleet),

Ours, I trust/hope….nice to know the navy still has a few floaty things bobbing about in the briny. Now, artillery rounds is one thing we don’t get around here although we could do with them now and then…damn crows. Good to hear that Damian’s still belting around pretty as a picture. At some point, hopefully, we should also get the BoB aircraft stooging about, nothing more stirring than the sound of Merlins to shake MTs somewhat loose foundations…(other than four Olympus of course).

• Like 5

We regularly hear artillery rounds from Salisbury Plain.  At least I think we do; come to think of it, it could be ground runs of the Battle Shorts at Boscombe Down…

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, general melchett said:

Pilot chap isn't going through his mission in his head or having an argument with himself, he'll be next to the undercarriage doors going though his preflight check

:hmmm:  More like thinly disguised 'hands in the bar'.  "There I was, pulling up, banking left - just about to roll over and dive on a FW"

Either way it's a terrific base.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm looking forward to seeing those RFI shot's now, General.

As for the ordnance, we can regularly hear the firing range at Foulness Island from our house. Still amazed people want to live there, not only due to the name, but being a live MOD firing range as well.

James

• Thanks 1

I think the pilot chappie is a little confused. Probably down to forgetting to put his boots on and having cold tootsies. 

No doubt due to the fact that he's looking for the oxygen to help him recover from last night's discovery that British beer at 5% is NOT the same as American beer at "5%"

Ian

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, Brandy said:

I think the pilot chappie is a little confused. Probably down to forgetting to put his boots on and having cold tootsies. 

No doubt due to the fact that he's looking for the oxygen to help him recover from last night's discovery that British beer at 5% is NOT the same as American beer at "5%"

Ian

Or he met a belgian friend....:evil_laugh::evil_laugh: with some Mmmmmmh... You know what....

CC

• Haha 2