Jump to content

Boom city, a 1:72 little diorama


Recommended Posts

Good morning.

 

These picture inspired me:

spacer.png

copyright photo: B17 in action, Squadron Signal publication n°63 p39

 

I used the model of the Airfix 1:72 Chevrolet M6 bomb trailer, and here is the result:

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

And the last one:

spacer.png

 

Regards,

Eric-Snafu35

  • Like 31
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

What a great little diorama.

I can't say that I've ever seen a diorama of this, one of the most necessary areas of a bomber airfield before. 

First class work. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

You have the patience of a saint painting all those bombs the same-ish colours, and evertything else is spot on.  As far as vignettes go that is brilliant.  Sorry I have to say that again; that is brilliant.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What a great idea for a little diorama. I've got that Airfix USAAF bomber resupply set to build too, it looks a great kit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Good morning,

 

Ithank you all for your nice comments. :cheers:

 

On 15/04/2021 at 09:15, cngaero said:

What a great little diorama.

I can't say that I've ever seen a diorama of this, one of the most necessary areas of a bomber airfield before. 

First class work. 

It is a fact that logistics are not well represented. But it may also be due to the fact that this kind of vehicle recently arrived on the model market.

 

On 15/04/2021 at 17:55, Turbofan said:

Excellent Eric! 

Are the B17s in the background photos or your models?

Cheers,

Ian

Hello Ian,

 

These are my models. As you can see under my avatar, I'm a bit silly of a B17. 

Here is a part of my collection:

spacer.png

 

 

On 16/04/2021 at 09:53, Natter said:

You have the patience of a saint painting all those bombs the same-ish colours, and evertything else is spot on.  As far as vignettes go that is brilliant.  Sorry I have to say that again; that is brilliant.

I admit that I avoid (too much) drinking when I paint ...

 

On 16/04/2021 at 16:02, danbuoy said:

What a great idea for a little diorama. I've got that Airfix USAAF bomber resupply set to build too, it looks a great kit.

The Airfix US refueling box is very good, and allows you to do a lot of things.

 

Regards,

Eric-Snafu35

Edited by Snafu35
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...