Heller 1/24 Ferguson tractor

JeroenS

• 2 months later...

Hi all! Ahem, my last update was over 2 months ago, so I found this post all the way down the list of builds.... Well. I have not been at the bench at all lately. We recently moved and I spent a great deal of time in the garden for the past months. Working, that is. It's quite big (by our standards that is), but all there was were concrete tiles and a big ugly shed. So it was a lot of work to make something nice out of it. Yesterday I finished for now, I'm still waiting on a big load of wood to build a new shed but the stuff takes long to arrive, as do almost all building materials currently. It's been 3 months since I ordered and I'm hoping for next month. Anyway, it gave me the chance to do the rest. When I did have some time, I didn't feel like modelling at all, mojo was very low. I didn't even follow BM like I do normally.

Anyway, yesterday I noticed that this GB is ending today. I'd already missed Anything But Injection's deadline so I thought it would be nice to try and finish the Fergie. I've been working on it yesterday evening and part of today. I'm quite happy so far, even with it being a rush job. 

This is the current state of affairs. 

20210808194536-1d7a2c60-me.jpg

Weathering on the tractor itself is mostly done, but as you can see the wheels and tyres are still pristine. The one rear tyre still needs cleaning up as well so that's job #1. I think I have enough time to get it in the gallery, maybe not as I would have liked it but I don't think it'll be too bad. 

On page one is the picture of what I was going for and as I said, I'm not unhappy with it. I remember "my" tractor being very dirty and greasy, especially around the engine, and I have tried to emulate the look. 

20210808194536-93225277-me.jpg

20210808194538-6a308049-me.jpg

Better get cracking. 

• Like 3

Well, I made it. And, despite the sprint to the finish, I'm happy with it and like it a lot. 

20210808223738-09809038-me.jpg

More pics in the gallery. 

• Like 8

It's a wonder Jeroen.  It's so much in the state I remember the real ones were (same brand or others).

Excellent job with the paint and weathering.

Congrats.

Pat

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Hi @JeroenS

Apologies for resurrecting an older thread, but this build will be a reference for me.

I see from the above that you assembled the rear wheels on this model before fitting the tyres? and the instructions have you sandwich the Tyres between the wheel halves before glueing.

Were the rear tyres easy to fit afterwards or did you need to warm them up to get them on the assembled wheels? 

Best Regards

Keith

Hi @Mpfiend, no worries, that's what the forums are for. I don't recall any issues with the tyres. I always assemble and paint the wheels separately, before fitting the tyres. And like you said, you can always warm them up a little.

1 hour ago, JeroenS said:

Hi @Mpfiend, no worries, that's what the forums are for. I don't recall any issues with the tyres. I always assemble and paint the wheels separately, before fitting the tyres. And like you said, you can always warm them up a little.

Thanks very much Jeroen.