A Canadian on Britmodeller

RaceAddict

I joined the forum back a few years ago to read the excellent kit reviews, to marvel at the great builds, and for inspiration for my own work... which continues at a glacial pace of approximately 1 kit per year (averaged out over the past decade+). Honestly, it's actually speeding up lately (knock on wood). 

As the title says, I'm Canadian... but my mum was British (I could even apply for a British passport), so that makes me eligible to post here, right? 😁

Disclaimer: I'm posting here today (finally) for entirely selfish reasons!

I just recently finished reading the brilliantly entertaining Vulcan 607... so you can guess where this is going.

The Airfix Vulcan isn't out yet, but... in yesterday's mail came a great big Airfix box: the timelessly beautiful Handley Page Victor K.2 in 1/72nd scale. My previous large'ish kit didn't turn out nearly as nice as I'd hoped it would, but I've got a few more builds under my belt now, and though I vowed never to tackle a big jet again, the online hobby shop was offering the Victor tanker at a 40% discount which was just too good to miss. So here I am with a massive jet just waiting it's turn on the work bench. This time though I'm going to rely on those that have gone before me... I've found a few build threads here to peruse already, so hopefully I can end up with a better looking build than my last one, avoiding the snags, gotcha's, etc of the kit.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, jackroadkill said:

Hi, and welcome to BM; you and @Adam Poultney might get on well...!

Yeah, I've noticed his work. I, though, have a wife to contend with when it comes to allocating shelf space... so my V bomber collection will be substantially smaller than his. 😁

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...

Hi there, welcome to BM from the Garden of England (Kent).  My daughter and family live in Whistler, as they are very much into skiing.  This morning she sent me a video of a bear that wandered into their garden garden yesterday, not the usual thing you wish to meet on your travels.    Robin.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Robin said:

This morning she sent me a video of a bear that wandered into their garden garden yesterday, not the usual thing you wish to meet on your travels.

This is my trash bin this morning. It was put out last night for pick up this morning. My neighbour across the back alley had his bin tipped over, too. Across the street to the left of the photo, it is mostly forest down to the highway by the river, about a half kilometre.

51439433892_c827477e80_b.jpg

Chris

• Sad 1