BOAC's elegant ladies

10 hours ago, Turbofan said:

Hi Einar,

Just gorgeous!

Like many on here I love the BOAC livery too. I've built a Roden Super VC10 as well, but it's your AA 707 which has really caught my eye! I love that wing and you've definitely captured the busyness of all the different panels and shades. Reminds me I don't have nearly enough AA 707s! Or BOAC planes!

Are you planning any more?

Cheers,

Ian

Thank you for the compliments Turbofan!

Next I'm going to built the Boeing 720 of Roden in United Airlines' colours

Best regards,

Einar

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Challenger350Pilot said:

Two beautifully done classics! Really nice builds, indeed! Love the old BOAC livery, too...this one is very stately. Very nice job with the AA 707; refreshing to see one of those! Quite nice! I see your bio shows you as a "newbie?" Welcome to BM! You'll find this is a fine place to learn, practice, participate in really good and constructive conversation, take part in complimentary forums, and peruse enjoyable posts. Looking very forward to seeing more of YOUR work here. :yes:

Cheers!

Paul

Thank you Paul. I'm really looking forward to being an active member of the site!

Cheers

Einar

Somehow I nearly missed this - I'm very glad I didn't!

These are two beautiful models in what is probably the finest l airline livery ever to grace the skies. Thanks for sharing them.

It's interesting that you were inspired by "BOAC and the Golden Age of Flying". I have several Burnt Ash (now Sunrise Publications) books on my shelves and they are a great source of modelling ideas. I'm awaiting delivery of their recent title about the Constellation which I'm looking forward to reading.

Dave G

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Skodadriver said:

Somehow I nearly missed this - I'm very glad I didn't!

These are two beautiful models in what is probably the finest l airline livery ever to grace the skies. Thanks for sharing them.

It's interesting that you were inspired by "BOAC and the Golden Age of Flying". I have several Burnt Ash (now Sunrise Publications) books on my shelves and they are a great source of modelling ideas. I'm awaiting delivery of their recent title about the Constellation which I'm looking forward to reading.

Dave G

Hi Dave,

Thank you very much for your compliments. The Constellation will be one of my next projects!

Cheers

Einar

Totally agree, 100% the best airline livery ever, especially when worn by the VC-10, the most elegant airliner ever.

I've got this build planned as well, with a Roden Vc-10 and AA 707, you are reminding me to get on with it!

Cheers

John

• 2 weeks later...

My era . The Golden Speedbird was a superbly classy airline livery , which looked really good on the 747-400 that’s just been retired . I have an Airfix 707 ,VC10 and Roden Super VC10  in the stash . Your models are inspirational 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Rb277170 said:

My era . The Golden Speedbird was a superbly classy airline livery , which looked really good on the 747-400 that’s just been retired . I have an Airfix 707 ,VC10 and Roden Super VC10  in the stash . Your models are inspirational 

Thanks and good luck with your BOAC beauties

Cheers

Einar

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
6 hours ago, David H said:

The images have disappeared

Hi David,

Thanks for letting me know! I try to fix the problem and I'll keep you posted.

Cheers 

Einar 

• Like 1