BOAC's elegant ladies

Very , very  good . Can't beat the BOAC Gold Speedbird schemes ,this from April1965 when the very 1st Super VC10 PAX service started ( to JFK) ,the first Gold Speedbird ( "The Meat Cleaver" ) only lasted a year April 64-April 65 as the official colours .

My dad was a BOAC Flt Eng instructor on both  from 1959 on the 707 until 1962 ,transferred to VC10 training , back on 707s 66 ish until his Boeing 747 course at Seattle course in late 1969  . I've Been on both of those ,flown on PFJ and either been on, flown on or even worked on all their VC10s. What is the VC10 registration G-ASG? 

That 707 is a big improvement on the Airfix kit ,love the engine cowling decals.

Well done and thanks for showing !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Elegant ladies indeed - although I'm a bit disappointed that we were not  seeing some 1960s pictures of BOAC stewardesses.

I'm currently working on the Airfix 707-436 and plan to finish it in the earlier BOAC scheme.

• Thanks 1

Lovely models. I am just finishing the Roden VC10 in East African livery. I flew on the BOAC VC10 as a kid up and down the length of Africa.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bzn20 said:

Very , very  good . Can't beat the BOAC Gold Speedbird schemes ,this from April1965 when the very 1st Super VC10 PAX service started ( to JFK) ,the first Gold Speedbird ( "The Meat Cleaver" ) only lasted a year April 64-April 65 as the official colours .

My dad was a BOAC Flt Eng instructor on both  from 1959 on the 707 until 1962 ,transferred to VC10 training , back on 707s 66 ish until his Boeing 747 course at Seattle course in late 1969  . I've Been on both of those ,flown on PFJ and either been on, flown on or even worked on all their VC10s. What is the VC10 registration G-ASG? 

That 707 is a big improvement on the Airfix kit ,love the engine cowling decals.

Well done and thanks for showing !

Thanks for the compliments and the interesting memories!

Einar

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Justin M said:

Lovely models. I am just finishing the Roden VC10 in East African livery. I flew on the BOAC VC10 as a kid up and down the length of Africa.  

Thanks Justin, I've seen the both airliners in  BOAC livery at Heathrow but never had a possibility of flying in them

Einar

33 minutes ago, Eric Mc said:

Elegant ladies indeed - although I'm a bit disappointed that we were not  seeing some 1960s pictures of BOAC stewardesses.

I'm currently working on the Airfix 707-436 and plan to finish it in the earlier BOAC scheme.

Sorry Eric for having mislead you. I should've thought of a better title ;)

Beautiful models indeed, though I have to confess I have a soft spot for the VC-10. It far surpasses the 707 in terms of elegance.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SAT69 said:

Beautiful models indeed, though I have to confess I have a soft spot for the VC-10. It far surpasses the 707 in terms of elegance.

Hi, thanks for the compliments! I must say that for me the 707 is the embodiment of power and strength. The VC10 is more elegant, indeed!

Einar

1 minute ago, shortCummins said:

both are nice models however the VC10 is very special

excellent job

rgds

John(shortCummins)

Thank you John!

Einar

1 hour ago, Einar said:

Thanks Justin, I've seen the both airliners in  BOAC livery at Heathrow but never had a possibility of flying in them

Einar

HI Einar, can you tell me what paint you used for the grey undersides and wings? Justin 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Justin M said:

HI Einar, can you tell me what paint you used for the grey undersides and wings? Justin 

Hi Justin, for the grey parts in the 707 I used Xtracolor X150 Canadian voodoo grey and the grey areas of the VC10 I painted with  Xtracolor 551 BEA grey.

Einar

55 minutes ago, Team Aer Lingus said:

Outstanding work Einar fantastic very well done :clap2:

Thanks for sharing

Eamonn

Thank you Eamonn

Einar

• Like 1

Hi Einar,

Just gorgeous!

Like many on here I love the BOAC livery too. I've built a Roden Super VC10 as well, but it's your AA 707 which has really caught my eye! I love that wing and you've definitely captured the busyness of all the different panels and shades. Reminds me I don't have nearly enough AA 707s! Or BOAC planes!

Are you planning any more?

Cheers,

Ian

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Two beautifully done classics! Really nice builds, indeed! Love the old BOAC livery, too...this one is very stately. Very nice job with the AA 707; refreshing to see one of those! Quite nice! I see your bio shows you as a "newbie?" Welcome to BM! You'll find this is a fine place to learn, practice, participate in really good and constructive conversation, take part in complimentary forums, and peruse enjoyable posts. Looking very forward to seeing more of YOUR work here. :yes:

Cheers!

Paul