ICM, 1/16th scale Roman Centurion

Every now and again, I like to paint a figure as a break from aircraft modelling. ICM's recent release of a Roman Centurion caught my eye. There is something about the combination of colours that is very appealing. It is a very nice kit to work on - sharply moulded with crisp detailing. I used Alclad for the metalwork, Mr.Color C18 for the basic flesh tone and Games Workshop acrylics for the rest including the gold tassles.   

The one thing missing from the kit is a decal for the decoration on the shield. I wanted to say a big thank you to @cmatthewbacon for sending me the artwork which I printed out on white decal paper. That worked a treat. The base is MDF that I coloured with teak effect woodstain to make it look like a more expensive piece of real wood. 

IMG_0438

IMG_0440

IMG_0433

IMG_0436

I very much enjoyed working on this figure and will definitely look to do another one at some point this year.

Cheers

Richard C

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Great figure, but it puzzles me as to why he has his sword in his hand as well as one in a sheath! When I made mine, I made a vine cane for his right hand which gave it a more interesting pose, especially when modeller alongside the other kits in the same catalogue.

3 hours ago, Radio Ga-ga said:

Great figure, but it puzzles me as to why he has his sword in his hand as well as one in a sheath! When I made mine, I made a vine cane for his right hand which gave it a more interesting pose, especially when modeller alongside the other kits in the same catalogue.

It's a dagger in the sheath on his right hip, his sword scabbard is empty on the left.

That's a nicely painted figure Spruecutter. I like the reflections in the eyes. 

• Like 1