C-160D / Revell / 1:72 / German Air Force

the fit of the fuselage is ok, there should be no problems at all, but the engineering and the fit of the main gear is just terrible. So the biggest problem on this kit is to get all the 10 wheels on the ground! On my first attempt the front gear was abaout 5mm above the ground.

I love what you did to this kit🏆 the weathering is as they can be  and I saw these Transall’s many times in Eindhoven...
This is a great tribute and showstopper ,  praise to the Transall😁 bringer of great sound👂

cheers, Jan

Stunning model mate,....... I have one to build and I`m a bit concerned to hear the stories about the poor fit,...... although you have certainly beaten it to build a beauty. 

The C-160 is a surprisingly large aircraft,.... especially when compared to a C-130,..... and I saw them quite often in my service,.... once too close for comfort when one passed a few hundred feet below us, head on over the Alps!!

Cheers

Tony

You have done a brilliant job on your Transall!  As others have said, your weathering is fantastic.

A fitting tribute to an old workhorse!

Cheers

Shaun

5 hours ago, theskits62 said:

That is jaw droppingly good ! The paint finish is probably just about the best i've seen on this site - so subtle and so realistic. How on earth do you get that effect ?

thx!🙂

Weathering was done "old style", no AMK, Ammo Mig or other weathering products were used. It only needs a fine airbrush, some oilcolors and differnt shades of the green and grey colours

• Like 1

Beautiful work! I remember them warmly riding down to Decimomannu a few times. They were great troubleless transports. Not what you seem to say about the kit!

Danke für den nostalgischen Moment, den Dein super Modell auslöste. Michael