Commonwealth Lockheed Ventura`s- I was asked to photograph my recent builds together,.... so here they are!

Hiya Folks,

Bill (Navy Bird) asked me to photograph my Academy 1/72nd Ventura`s together,...... well I could only get to those in the cabinet,...... so here they are;

From the rear L-R,....

Ventura Mk.II, Coded C-25 Sqn SAAF in Italy,-operating with the Balkan Air Force in Italy, 1944. This model is built more from the box, although it is fitted with a BP 4 gun mid upper turret (from a Special Hobby Baltimore or Revell Hallifax) as the Ventura`s of this unit were fitted with modification kits sent from the UK to South Africa to modify them for the coastal role which included this 4 gun turret, ASV Yagi antenna and additional interior tankage,...... however after flying across Africa to Italy in 1944 the unit was re roled to the light bomber role (which had been `outlawed' over Europe for the type the previous year following disastrous losses flying from the UK  with 2 Group)  so the radar and extra interior tankage was removed. These aircraft also had the distinctive South African style air intakes above the engines and to replicate this I used Milliput. Many early Ventura`s in South Africa had their undersides painted Sky Blue and had A Type roundels applied;

Ventura Mk.IIa, coded B2- -34 OTU RAF based at Pennfield Ridge in Canada,- Basically straight from the box but with a scratch built cockpit.

Ventura Mk.II, SB-J- 464 Sqn RAAF 2 Group in the UK- his Ventura Mk.II is from 464 Sqn RAAF, 2 Group of Bomber Command in the UK and I used the interior detail set and resin tail from Pavla, Neomega resin engine nacelles plus a spare BP mid upper turret from a Revell Halifax, which required the hole in the fuselage to be opened up. Also, see if you can spot the shark mouth

Ventura Mk.IIa/RB-34 Lexington-13 Sqn RAAF in Australia- Another straight from the box, with scratch cockpit, spares box extras.

DSCF0467-NEW.jpg

DSCF0466-NEW.jpg

DSCF0464-NEW.jpg

DSCF0465-NEW.jpg

And here is an earlier post which my be of interest as it include some others,.....1/72nd nd 1/48th scales;

Cheers

Tony

• Like 39

29 minutes ago, Ray_W said:

You're a veritable production line. Nice collection.

Ray

Thanks Ray,..... two of them were built a few years ago,.... glad you like them, cheers. 

12 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Those look brilliant Tony. I know I've a need for at least one more PV.1 kit, after seeing these, maybe another too. :unsure:

Steve.

Thanks Steve,.... you know you want to mate! There are so many schemes available out there and the RNZAF alone has plenty to keep you busy.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AliGauld said:

Multiple awesomeness.

Cracking work.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair,..... much appreciated. 

13 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

They do look wonderful all together Tony, great work on all.  I do like a Ventura.

Chris

Cheers Chris,..... you do appear to have caught the bug mate! 

11 hours ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Impressive collection of Venturas!  It's an attractive type.

Thanks mate,..... yes there is something about the Ventura,..... a brutish elegence maybe?

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Cookenbacher said:

Wonderful collection Tony, great to see them all together, and thanks @Navy Bird for requesting it!

Cheers mate,.... glad you like them.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2021 at 8:51 PM, Wulfman said:

A lovely collection, and interesting info, great modelling !

Wulfman

Thanks Wulfman,..... glad you like them.

21 hours ago, TonyW said:

A very impressive group indeed. The open fuselage door is a nice touch.

Cheers Tony,..... glad you like them and liked the open door,.... it is one of my favourites as it has a resin interior and it would be a shame not to show it off! 

• Like 1