Latin American ideas

Folks, 

I have the ICM 1/48 decal sheet for Invaders, and I'm going to use one of the Brazilian schemes. The Colombian and Cuban markings on the same sheet are very striking, but I would rather use them on a different type than do two Invaders. Could anyone recommend interesting aircraft/schemes used by those countries? A couple of caveats: I would prefer a twin (or larger), and I don't particularly like single-colour paint schemes. 

I have done a little bit of research, and the C-47 unsurprisingly figures large; I already have both an OD and grey C-47 (French) and a silver/white roof one (Spanish), so I'm not keen on doing another one unless the paint scheme is somewhat different to either of these. I'm happy to sort out individual aircraft markings - it's just suggestions for the type and general paint scheme which I would appreciate. 

Many thanks for any ideas! 

Hi torqueofthedevil,

What about some Fuerza Aerea de Chile (FACH) Invaders and C-47's?

If you dont want single color paint schemes, you could do this:

https://www.facebook.com/ALAS-de-CHILE-1421169751456833/photos/a.2043925132514622/2122465644660570

Or this one:

https://www.pinterest.cl/pin/328410997804909179/

For the C-47, you can do one like this:

https://www.facebook.com/489655044495157/photos/c-47d-charlota-chile-uno-de-los-conocidos-como-pantera-rosa/1554104618050189/

Or another one like this:

https://aviationarthistory.com/douglas-c-47dc-3

I know that this one has silver/white roof, but at least has a lot of blue and international orange!

Hope this helps!

Best,

Tato

• Thanks 1

Thanks Tato, much appreciated. Those are indeed all colourful and interesting aircraft! I'm surprised that they don't feature on decal sheets (at least, I haven't seen them in 1/48!). My only concern is getting the Chilean national insignia...if I could find aircraft similar to any of those, but operated by Colombia or Cuba, I would be sorted! 

2 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

There is always the Columbian A.F. Turbo Dakota AC-47 in Gunship grey ? 

https://www.dc3dakotahunter.com/blog/80-years-dc-3s-maiden-flight-colombian-c-47-combat-role/

Hi there

Well actually the first Douglas AC-47 Turbo Basler was deliver to Fuerza Aerea Salvadoreña to be used in combat support during El Salvador Civil war 1980-1992 in 1985 or 1986, the shole fleet were fixed to fulfill gunship role starting in 1980 but only later were upgraded to Turbo Basler standard also one was shoot dow during night operations with a MANPAD SAM14 in 1989 (only one of the gunners survived)

Regards

Armando

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RAGATIGER said:

Hi there

Well actually the first Douglas AC-47 Turbo Basler was deliver to Fuerza Aerea Salvadoreña to be used in combat support during El Salvador Civil war 1980-1992 in 1985 or 1986, the shole fleet were fixed to fulfill gunship role starting in 1980 but only later were upgraded to Turbo Basler standard also one was shoot dow during night operations with a MANPAD SAM14 in 1989 (only one of the gunners survived)

Regards

Armando

Meaning I could provide you with the actual photos

Regards

Armando

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

There is always the Columbian A.F. Turbo Dakota AC-47 in Gunship grey ? 

https://www.dc3dakotahunter.com/blog/80-years-dc-3s-maiden-flight-colombian-c-47-combat-role/

Now that is an interesting one! And the website is fascinating as well. But I can't see any Colombian national markings in the photos...not a major problem, but I was originally hoping to use up the other decals on the sheet which I have. Great idea though, thanks again! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, torqueofthedevil said:

Now that is an interesting one! And the website is fascinating as well. But I can't see any Colombian national markings in the photos...not a major problem, but I was originally hoping to use up the other decals on the sheet which I have. Great idea though, thanks again! 

Well one of my mayor handicaps in life other to be world hero is not meen able to post ohots on Britmodeller so need a valid email to send Douglas AC-47 photos

Valid vor all Britmodellers of course

Regards

Armando

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2021 at 1:24 AM, RAGATIGER said:

Well one of my mayor handicaps in life other to be world hero is not meen able to post ohots on Britmodeller so need a valid email to send Douglas AC-47 photos

Valid vor all Britmodellers of course

Regards

Armando

Thanks Armando, PM sent! 

On 4/13/2021 at 11:40 AM, torqueofthedevil said:

Folks, 

I have the ICM 1/48 decal sheet for Invaders, and I'm going to use one of the Brazilian schemes. The Colombian and Cuban markings on the same sheet are very striking, but I would rather use them on a different type than do two Invaders. Could anyone recommend interesting aircraft/schemes used by those countries?

Off the top of my head, Cuban Il-28, Colombian Mentors (single engine, but a largish plane), Brazilian Expeditors. Just educated guesses which you'll have to research further I'm afraid

• Thanks 1

On 4/24/2021 at 10:19 AM, Bonehammer said:

Off the top of my head, Cuban Il-28, Colombian Mentors (single engine, but a largish plane), Brazilian Expeditors. Just educated guesses which you'll have to research further I'm afraid

Thank you, interesting ideas! Definitely worth investigating!