Buy, Sell and wanted areas, its rules to use and the 100 post Rule.

Greg B

Gents and Ladies,

Unfortunately we have had more than a few issues over the last couple of weeks in regards to tidying up the areas and dealing with less than stellar behaviour.  We are spending a lot of time removing posts after members multi topic spam in the area and push other members off the front pages. Don't be that member. We also normally give a polite sort it out in regards to postage and then cull if its not sorted within a reasonable time frame. But its starting to grate that either the rules (especially by members who have been here long enough):

• Are not being read
  • Are being ignored

Secondly, the 100 post rule. Its there to ensure that those selling, those buying and importantly, those asking of members for spares etc. should be reasonably well known on the forum and have a presence This also includes "asking/selling for a friend". This morning I was asked to get involved where a member with less than 100 posts had advertised kits somewhere else on the forum. He was informed by another member that this was not allowed. The post was edited by me to show it had been deleted due to the incorrect area and the 100 post rule requirement. In the interim between posting and editing, the member was approached by another member for one of the kits, it was agreed upon and he sent the kit. He sent it before being paid and funnily enough the money has not arrived in his account. Add to that he is unable to provide a PM or a user name and the Mod team were expected to deal with this......

As before these rules are from hard won experience and a member has been exceptionally trusting, but exceptionally naïve both in his actions and expecting the Mods to deal with it. And another member has been a.... well the swear filter is not in place for me, but you will get my drift.

Abide by the rules please, and that includes ensuring that those with less than 100 posts attempting to bypass are highlighted to the Mods. We don't need the hassle and would prefer to nip it in the bud before members get out of pocket. 

Finally, if anyone knows a "Josh" from Essex and what his user name is on here, please get in touch.

Thanks

Greg, Mike and Julien ;)

• Like 12

• Greg B unpinned this topic
13 hours ago, Greg B said:

Finally, if anyone knows a "Josh" from Essex and what his user name is on here, please get in touch.

More specifically Frinton On Sea.

In addition only yesterday I had to delete 13 posts where people were double dipping, and in one case triple dipping. So If you had to message the MOD team to find out where your post went? There is your answer.

To stop this an easy way is to get rid of your old post, this involves changing the title to Please delete etc and then reporting it via the report function (this is the three dots ... top right of your post) We do not sit there trawling the threads looking for finished ones.

Thanks

On 13/04/2021 at 09:28, Greg B said:

Don't be that member.

Can I join in on this?  It's only to snigger at Greg's comment though :laugh:

• Haha 3

• Greg B pinned this topic