Yorkshire Returner

BobCNutt

How do? 

I'm a very recent returner to the world of model making from West Yorkshire, UK. Now a parent, I remember my dad making models with me/while I watched, and thought it about time I inflicted similar pleasures on my kids.

Things seem to have come a long way since the Airfix kits of the late '70s that I remember flinging together and ham-fistedly distressing. I'm looking forward to trying some more careful assembly and subtle weathering on the 1:72 Airfix Bristol Beaufort I've just started. Very much here for the tips, inspiration and huge skill and historic subject knowledge I've already noted.

When not dadding I'm a keen outdoorser, enjoying climbing, caving, cycling and hill-walking though these days the knees let me know if Ive enjoyed myself too much. Thanks for having me. 

Edited by BobCNutt
Typo
  • Like 3

Hi,

greetings from north-east Derbyshire and welcome!

I'm also relatively new to the forum having been a member for just under a year, and like you, I watched my Dad building kits when I was small and later on made my own gluey messes!

You'll find BM an absolute gold mine of information and full of great folks like Chris who are only too happy to help and give the benefit of their experience. Don't be afraid to ask questions - someone said to me early on that the only daft question is the you don't ask!

The new Airfix Beaufort has a great reputation, and if you haven't already found it there's a great work in progress thread by Dave (Rabbit Leader) here.

Looking forward to seeing your builds!

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 3

15 hours ago, BobCNutt said:

caving

Welcome Bob.

I used to 'cave' but only down here in the Mendips. But those days are long gone, as I don't bend as well as I did.  

For any questions you might ever have, you are in the right place.

Jon

• Like 2

Hello Bob ... :post1: from the other side of the pond in Chicago, Im mostly aircraft and cant wait to get my hands on the Beaufort. You’ll fit in in no time, just ask if you need anything. It just takes a little while for the right person to see you question and you’ll get the answers you need. Been here for just under four years and been building since 1979. Mostly into aircraft but occasionally venture into armor, ships, or sci-fi. 

Dennis 

• Like 2

Thanks for the lovely welcome, everyone, near and far. 

It does seem like a friendly place. I've seen Rabbit Leader's post and I'm following his build for tips. 

I've enjoyed a little Mendip caving, Jon. Stayed at the Cerberus hut, did a bit of free diving in Swildons Hole and a memorable (up to a point) several pints of Butcombe in the Hunter's. Happy daze! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1