One or Two ? of the vital Four.

RJ-WobblyHands

'Most senior officers regard as the most vital to our success...the bulldozer, the jeep, the two and a half ton truck, and the C-47'. General Dwight D. Eisenhower - Supreme Commander of the Allied Forces in Europe

For this GB I will be building the Airfix Dakota III / C-47 Skytrain using the latest Airfix boxing  - Though I will be making Decals to represent an aircraft from 34th or 43rd Troop Carrier Squadron they were part of the  315th Troop Carrier Group based at RAF Spanhoe in Northamptonshire - from there they took part in both operations Overlord and Market Garden , but my build will depict an aircraft from March 1945 when they moved to RAF Boreham in Essex where they carried elements of the 6th Airborne during Operation Varsity, This added another aircraft to my 'Essex based - US aircraft during WW2'

The kit and the sprues all nicely wrapped up:

xe4eNJU.jpg

gfJ7kev.jpg

The kit even includes a Jeep so I will get 2 of Eisenhower's vital 4  :) 

• Like 9

• 1 month later...

Finally plastic has been cut and assembly has been started (Far too many projects modelling and home on the go !! ) 

The office area :

BAhxHv6.jpg

zOMnt9X.jpg

and other internals ready for priming and good old interior green ! 

v07vOx2.jpg

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

Slow progress, due to the nice weather we have been experiencing in the UK :)

Interior Green with a bit of black and dark wood colours make up the internal paint scheme , and cockpit instrument decal  - which of course you will not see very much - if anything when all buttoned up ! 

tEsJUQI.jpg?1

HdjPdK0.jpg?1

Benches attached to the sides almost ready to close her up :) 

SBjbQ9X.jpg?1

Edited by RJ-WobblyHands
  • Like 5

This weeks progress - saying goodbye the the internals ,buttoning up the fuselage, and connecting the wings - Its starting to look like a Dak now

Some seam tidying and a little putty here and there is next!

Mnmo6ua.jpg

EIZzoNI.jpg

mOhUi7M.jpg

4X4QZea.jpg

jWK5pZu.jpg

Edited by RJ-WobblyHands
  • Like 6

Thankfully that fight is finished - glazing in and masked , the 3 pieces for the cockpit were painful to fit !  Started on fitting the engines an cowlings

g0ja9gv.jpg

YWFt9DJ.jpg

yb51nMN.jpg

Getting close to be able to start painting :) 

• Like 5