Using "Rainbow" etch on Revell 1/700 Titanic?

Hi all,

Surprisingly, I can't find an etch set dedicated to Revell's 1:700 Titanic/Olympic kit. Has anyone had any experience for using the Rainbow set that is intended to fit the Academy kit? I know all the free standing components will work out fine, but I was wondering whether something like the structural pieces such as bridge wings or deckhouses might work on the Revell kit without a lot of fettling?

Anyone tried it?

Will

Not tried the Rainbow set or seen it, but Toms Modelworks do sets specific for the Revell kit which I have. Master do a nice set of more to scale masts, and there's wooden decks from Artwox and Woodhunter for the Revell kits if that sort of thing takes your fancy. 

https://www.scalemates.com/search.php?fkSECTION[]=Kits&q=Ocean+liner+Olympic-class+olympic*&fkTYPENAME[]="Detail and Conversion sets"&fkSCALENORMALISED[]="1:00700"

Thanks Dave,

That's good to know. The only reason I asked about the Rainbow set is because it provides etched bridge wings, navigating bridge, and docking bridge- which I think would have a really big impact on a small scale model like this.

Will

• Like 1