Death Dealer 1

Cadman

I think most people have seen Frank Frazetta's artwork before. This one features on various book and album covers.

01.jpg

I bought this Kabuki Models 75mm resin example a couple of years ago. The castings are excellent.

02-12-aug-2018.jpg

I particularly wanted to display him along with my Pegaso Wandering Knight and Vlad Dracul figures.

There's a very slight size discrepancy, but nothing to get too excited about.

03-12-aug-2018.jpg

So removing the right hand and the left arm with shield from the dry-fit test run, it was time to slap on some primer and get a bit of color onto the miniature.

I used black gloss primer on both the figure and the horse.

04-13-aug-2018.jpg

05-13-aug-2018.jpg

06-13-aug-2018.jpg

Two days later, and I made a start on the highlights and shadows.

07-15-aug-2018.jpg

08-15-aug-2018.jpg

09-15-aug-2018.jpg

10-15-aug-2018.jpg

And by some unholy cosmic law, I managed to get his sabre on the wrong way round...🙄

Easy enough fix though.

Then next day I got on with some refinement to the paintjob. Mainly concentrating on getting a dark brownish look on the horse.

11-16-aug-2018.jpg

12-16-aug-2018.jpg

Four days later, and he looks pretty good in the grouping. Just needed to be placed on the same type of coaster base as his two partners in crime and that was another one down.

13-16-aug-2018.jpg

I also have Kabuki's "Death Dealer 2" model in my stash cupboard, just haven't got around to it yet. It'll get done in due course.

Cheers the Noo

Edited by Cadman
added a comment
  • Like 6

On 4/12/2021 at 9:21 PM, Big Dave S said:

These are really nice! I like the dour tones you've used. It makes the red, turquoise etc stand out so much better. Less is more.

Smashing.

Yeah, keeping the colors subdued was the only way to approach this one. It's why I kept the brighter highlights on the cloak to the shoulder areas only.

• Like 1