1/72 P-8A Poseidon, 11 SQN RAAF

Nice one Ray.

It was good seeing a gaggle of the real things flying over Lake Burley Griffin the other day. 

Hopefully will see this one on Wednesday?

Cheers,

Matt

2 minutes ago, bombernut said:

Nice one Ray.

It was good seeing a gaggle of the real things flying over Lake Burley Griffin the other day. 

Hopefully will see this one on Wednesday?

Cheers,

Matt

Thanks Matt,

I should have room to bring it along 🙂

Lovely build(s) there Ray...Your work on a tricky build (not to mention your scratch building) is awesome.  Want to build mine for me???

Cheers mate

Shaun

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rodenlee said:

Lovely build(s) there Ray...Your work on a tricky build (not to mention your scratch building) is awesome.  Want to build mine for me???

Cheers mate

Shaun

Cheers Shaun,

One build to this state was enough, event without the weapons bay mods there is a little more work to get the lumps and bumps right.

That is a most impressive build!  I love it!

You obviously put a fair bit of thought into how to display it  - your sturdy display stand is just the thing.

It takes great skill and patience to tame a limited-release (and large) model such as that.

Well done!

:clap2::clap2:

• Like 1

That's turned out really well and certainly shows all the extra work you've put into it. Very different to the normal 737s we all see so often.

Well done.

Steve

• Like 1

Nice work.  It kind of looks weird with the weapons bay open at the rear end.  By the way do they not do fin flashes for the markings any more?

• Like 1

You`ve done a fabulous job on this one Ray,..... I know it is the future but all I see is a 737 airliner!  I bet that is what the old boys said about the Orion or Nimrod back in the day too!

Cheers

Tony 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Paul J said:

Nice work.  It kind of looks weird with the weapons bay open at the rear end.  By the way do they not do fin flashes for the markings any more?

With these low vis schemes the RAAF has omitted the fin flash, it has been replaced with the Australian national flag on some older types like the classic Hornet and VIP jets. The newest aircraft in the inventory do not have it. 

• Like 1

A real beauty Ray, it seems there was a fair old amount of work you put into it, so expect a state of the art injection moulded kit to be announced any day soon. 🤣.

I really like the familiar-but-different look to it.

Cheers

John

• Like 1

On 4/16/2021 at 3:38 PM, Bell209 said:

Lovely job, Ray! Bet she takes up a bit of room?

Thanks Alex, Rob and John.

At the moment it is on my 'just finished' display location in our study sitting with my Washington and Viscount and it is a tad bigger than either of those. It will find it way to a shelf in the cave when I get more finished.

51118954108_7f3a8364d3_b.jpg

• Like 1

Wow, great work on the P-8 Ray. Outstanding! Your P-3 looks impressive too. Reminds me of my time with 92WG DET DAR back in the early 2000's. Sad to see our old 'bombers' heading into retirement.

• Like 1

That P-8 is the bee's knees! A lot of work, as documented in your WIP, but the end result more than makes up for it! Sure doesn't look like an airliner any more, that's for sure. As has been stated, all that work will surely result in a new injected kit any day now! Now you need a Neptune, Tracker, and Argus to go with it! (I would include a Viking, but we were the only ones who flew them- sorry!)

Mike

• Like 1