Project "Scorpion": F-16c BlackDog set 1/48 Kinetic kit based

Hi to all

I pulled out of my memory drawer an old kit of the Kinetic F-16c Block 40 'Barak' by Heyl Hà Avir with all its strengths and ... defects:

spacer.png

This instead is the super detailed set produced by BlackDog (for the Tamya kit) and adapted to the Kinetic kit:

spacer.png

This set is truly impressive, very accurate and finely detailed. As you can see, only the space dedicated to the wing surfaces or a little more will remain of the Kinetic kit.

To solve compatibility problems between competing accessories (Aires, Eduard and BlackDog) I had to look for and find a compromise that on the one hand sacrificed as little as possible the Aires set (cockpit & wheel bay) and on the other hand fit in the best way ( BlackDog) to the original kit (Kinetic):

spacer.png

spacer.png

Removing the seam of the lens on the canopy (two parts):

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

the final coloring that I will perform with a mix of amber and smoke + transparent thinners and polishing with a bath in Future wax will be posted in the next interventions

- Preparation and opening of the motor fan housing compartment, scratch building detail:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

After a demanding job of cutting and sewing, plastering and sanding, I show you the first 'hot' images of the model with the accessories Black Dog (not complete) and Aires (not complete) completed with about 80% of the accessories available:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

for more info & pics: adventurephotomodels

That's all.
Thanks for your attention and your time
George

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Chemguy3000 said:

:gobsmacked:

Now THAT is impressive.  Definitely following this one.

David

Many thanks David

2 hours ago, scotthldr said:

I’ve been contemplating with the idea of using this Black Dog set myself, so watching this build with interest👍🏻

Thank you and I can tell you that the BlackDog set is truly extraordinary and impressive. It also fits very well with the Kinetic kit.