Cling Film

fishplanebeer

Most may already know this but thought I'd share just in case.

It's not always possible to fix/hold a model so that all of it can be accessed whilst spraying so it becomes a case of holding one of the wings (with grease free fingers) and doing as much as is then possible. When this is the case I leave the painted part to dry for a couple of hours so it's dry to the touch and then gently wrap cling film over the now painted wing so that I can hold it to finish the job. The cling film doesn't stick to the paint and lift it but it prevents any finger marks from being left whilst the painted wing is being held.

Regards

Colin.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I just use some cheap neoprene gloves. Got a box that has a couple dozen or more in it. Actually, the missus got them, at either the drugstore or the grocery store.

Chris

• Thanks 1

I use nitrile, a.k.a., "latex free", examination gloves for painting. Very thin, so no problem gripping. They can be used multiple time before they fail, going on or coming off. Keeps paint and solvent off my hands. :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dnl42 said:

I use nitrile, a.k.a., "latex free", examination gloves for painting. Very thin, so no problem gripping. They can be used multiple time before they fail, going on or coming off. Keeps paint and solvent off my hands. :thumbsup:

Yes! Nitrile! That's what I use, not neoprene.

Chris

• Like 1