Renault 30 TS 1976

Here is the 1/43 scale 1975/76 Renault 30 TS I built a few months ago in the Heller GB over here. The kit originally dates back to 1976. I added the sun roof, antenna and roof trim strips, and also tidied up the front and rear sections a little bit to ease the painting and final assembly. The emblems on the rear hatch are my own drawn and printed decals while the license plates are from the kit.

R30_300.jpg

R30_301.jpg

R30_302.jpg

R30_303.jpg

R30_304.jpg

R30_305.jpg

R30_306.jpg

R30_307.jpg

R30_308.jpg

R30_309.jpg

R30_310.jpg

R30_311.jpg

• Like 16

Wow!  Put that car against a street scene and it would be hard to tell it was a model.  And I knew it was small because I know what 1/43rd cars are like, but I was still blown away by the photo with the paint pot.

• Thanks 1

On 11/04/2021 at 21:07, Marco F. said:

Another model you finished perfectly! Especially the R30 is a rare thing, I think nearly nobody outside France know this car was ever produced

Thanks Marco. Today not many people know the R30. Fantastic car, I enjoyed my R30TX ´80 a lot.

On 11/04/2021 at 21:58, johnlambert said:

Wow!  Put that car against a street scene and it would be hard to tell it was a model.  And I knew it was small because I know what 1/43rd cars are like, but I was still blown away by the photo with the paint pot.

Thanks John. Yes, the pot gives a striking scale reference.

On 12/04/2021 at 09:08, Kitkent said:

That's a very neat model,I do remember these cars,and it's better than a Renault 20! Chris.

Thanks Chris. Indeed the R30 is superior, the R20 was very much a compromise, especially the earlier L/TL/GTL models.

On 12/04/2021 at 09:09, keefr22 said:

Another beautiful little jewel from your workbench Jörgen! I think the colour suits it perfectly, and am surprised how in scale the metallic flakes look for a car paint!

Thanks Keith. The green metallic is decanted for the airbrush straight from an automotive spray can, came out better than expected.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cmatthewbacon said:

Another great job with an astonishing result, especially on something so tiny! I bet that Heller GB doubled the number of 1/43 70s classics being built worldwide in the last year!

Thanks Matthew. Yes, it was great seeing all those '70s classics built in the GB, it's a very overlooked era.

That is well cool, mister. In particular, the colour is absolutely spot-on, I remember Renaults of that era being that shade. 

When did I last see the real thing? Probably in the early 90s or something. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Toftdale said:

A lot of modelers can build well a lot can build fast, but hardly any can combine the two.  You are most definitely in this elite group. 👍 Andy

Thanks a lot Andy, that's very kind.

20 hours ago, Anteater said:

That is well cool, mister. In particular, the colour is absolutely spot-on, I remember Renaults of that era being that shade. 

When did I last see the real thing? Probably in the early 90s or something. 

Thanks a lot. Yes, sadly they are not a usual sight anymore.