Hino Contessa 1300 Coupé 1965

Hino Contessa 1300 Coupé 1965, a nice little Japanese rear engined two door coupé designed by Michelotti. I built this one more or less from the box in six days, it's a long time since I built a model in less than a week... A quite simple 1/32 scale kit from Arii, originally from LS, tooled in the mid 80's with some wind-up motor. I have raised the suspension about 1 mm to give it a more accurate road setup, replaced the side windows to also cover the doors and scratched the exhaust outlet. The rest is just out of the box. A bit of careful painting and chrome work using Alclad and Bare Metal foil also helps. The build thread can be found here.

C100.jpg

C101.jpg

C102.jpg

C103.jpg

C104.jpg

C105.jpg

C106.jpg

C107.jpg

C108.jpg

C109.jpg

• Like 17

On this Hino and the Renault, I think the flattened tires, rubber window surrounds, and not-too-shiny paint are incredibly effective at making these look realistic. Thank you for sharing so many details of the builds and the related tips!   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/04/2021 at 23:23, keefr22 said:

Another little gem Jörgen, beautifully built and finished model!

Thanks a lot Keith!

On 12/04/2021 at 07:37, JeroenS said:

You're just being mean now, throwing 3 perfectly finished models in our faces like it's nothing!

Yes Jeroen, I am happy to be 😎

On 12/04/2021 at 09:00, Vesa Jussila said:

This is master build!

Thanks a lot Vesa!

On 12/04/2021 at 10:19, stevehnz said:

Lovely build Jörgen, nice classic cars with simple lines beautifully modelled. :)

Thanks a lot Steve. Classics with some lines and chrome trim are rewarding.

On 12/04/2021 at 12:43, Michael Church said:

On this Hino and the Renault, I think the flattened tires, rubber window surrounds, and not-too-shiny paint are incredibly effective at making these look realistic. Thank you for sharing so many details of the builds and the related tips!   

Thanks a lot Michael. The details you mention are important in car modelling, glad you notice.

If someone asks me what is important in car modelling I would especially say flattened tyres to give weight to the model, and also well aligned wheels and correctly placed under the wheels arches. Always well worth paying attention to.

21 hours ago, peekay said:

Very nicely done, never seen one of these built before.

Thanks a lot. It was good to get a Hino in here.

• Like 1