1/144 Authentic Airliners Caledonian Airways Boeing 757-200

Almost missed this Ian, glad to have caught up with it now. It looks spot on as always, another one of your outstanding builds. I'm looking forward to the Zvezda kit coming out,, hopefully there will be a now round of decal releases for it.

Cheers

John

Hi Ian,

I am very impressed by this super nice model (again). Very well done and beauttifully finished (as always). Caledonian is a very nice livery as well..

The wings look spot-on as well. I am currently doing United 757 (also AA) they dont seem to have the coroguard. But by looking at yours I might still use it (have the FC detail set as well), as my wings look so "naked" compared to yours.

Beautiful work.

Julien

On 14/04/2021 at 22:52, FortyEighter said:

A great build Ian.  Having just started to look at my Minicraft version of this airframe I can see why Kurt's version gets a lot of recommendations.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Personally I'd just bin the Minicraft kit especially as there's one due from Zvezda soon.

On 14/04/2021 at 23:25, Challenger350Pilot said:

Just beautiful, Ian...as usual. I have to agree with Dave, as I usually do...the best word here is "inspirational." The 757 is such a beautiful bird, and you have once again captured the beauty by your choice in livery. The Caledonian colors and lines just lend the airplane a classic look that is really unmatched. I'm so glad you made some remarks about the paints used for the BA Landor colors, as I am possibly finishing an AA 777 soon in that livery. Can you elaborate a little on the Humbrol Metalcote Polished aluminum? I really like your bright work on this particular model...just wondering how the Humbrol compares to the Alclad products. 

Nice nice work, indeed. And I've left comment on the "pushback" diorama as well. Just beautiful. Inspiring. Wow.:worthy:

Thank you for your praise Paul, it means a lot!

It's been a long time since I used any Alclad products but I have recently been using Humbrol Metalcote because it's far easier and I find it's tougher. The big advantage for me is that you don't have to spray it on a gloss black base and once it is dry it can be polished to a nice shine. I used to use Mr Metal Color for the same reason but Humbrol is easier to find here in the UK.

On 16/04/2021 at 08:58, Viking said:

Almost missed this Ian, glad to have caught up with it now. It looks spot on as always, another one of your outstanding builds. I'm looking forward to the Zvezda kit coming out,, hopefully there will be a now round of decal releases for it.

Cheers

John

Cheers John, yes me too, I can think of dozens of liveries I'd love to see for the new Zvezda kit!

What are you working on at the moment?

On 16/04/2021 at 09:10, JK_Models said:

Hi Ian,

I am very impressed by this super nice model (again). Very well done and beauttifully finished (as always). Caledonian is a very nice livery as well..

The wings look spot-on as well. I am currently doing United 757 (also AA) they dont seem to have the coroguard. But by looking at yours I might still use it (have the FC detail set as well), as my wings look so "naked" compared to yours.

Beautiful work.

Julien

Thanks Julien, Yes I know what you mean by "naked" wings. At least they have the thin black lines which mark out the 'No Step' areas. Perhaps it's an opportunity to really weather them, they are normally the dirtiest part of an aircraft!

Which United livery are you doing?

Thanks for all the comments everyone!

Cheers,

Ian

Edited by Turbofan

12 hours ago, Turbofan said:

Thanks Julien, Yes I know what you mean by "naked" wings. At least they have the thin black lines which mark out the 'No Step' areas. Perhaps it's an opportunity to really weather them, they are normally the dirtiest part of an aircraft!

Which United livery are you doing?

Thanks for all the comments everyone!

Cheers,

Ian

Hi Ian, 

I am doing the 757 in the special Her art Here New York livery. Perhaps not my greatest idea ever as the decals are a bit tricky, but looks like I can make it work somehow. 
Yeah I thought about really weathering those wings as well, I am just not an expert on weathering, so I might try on some leftover wings I have first. Will show the model here once I am finished - I am rather slow currently.

Thanks for your response and again - lovely Caledonian 757. On the pics the issue with the decals is not really visible.