"Pushback and start up approved, Caledonian 2357"

I've recently finished this Authentic Airliners 1/144 Caledonian Airways Boeing 757 and thought it would make a change to display it with my scratchbuilt British Airways Douglas DC10 Tugmaster.

It's not a very complex diorama but I quite like it.

Figures are from Preiser.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Hope you like it and thanks for looking!

Cheers,

Ian

• Like 45
  • Thanks 2

WOW! Yep...she gets a WOW! Twice! Very very nice indeed, Ian. saw the posted pics on your standard base in the RFI, but this really grabs my attention. I love the tug...its beautiful. You've even included the line man's long headset cord! What did you use for that?? Just fantastic, Ian. :penguin:

Super, it looks just like you might see from the terminal building at a sunny Mediterranean airport. The hard shadows almost directly under the aeroplane adds to that effect. 

Thanks for all the replies everyone.

On 14/04/2021 at 23:20, Challenger350Pilot said:

WOW! Yep...she gets a WOW! Twice! Very very nice indeed, Ian. saw the posted pics on your standard base in the RFI, but this really grabs my attention. I love the tug...its beautiful. You've even included the line man's long headset cord! What did you use for that?? Just fantastic, Ian. :penguin:

Cheers Paul glad you like it! The headset cord is just some very fine electrical wire I had hanging around. I tend to keep old electrical devices for any wires to use for detailing my models.

On 15/04/2021 at 21:29, noelh said:

Super, it looks just like you might see from the terminal building at a sunny Mediterranean airport. The hard shadows almost directly under the aeroplane adds to that effect. 

Thanks Noel, yes I had to wait for a long time for a sunny enough day here in the North West but I can tell you the temperature wasn't like the Mediterranean!!I

Cheers,

Ian

• Like 1

Fantastic! always liked the Caledonian scheme, this model and diorama really looks superb. Great memories for me too as I spent a fair bit of time introducing the 757 E into the fleet and designing the IFE and other mods on the aircraft for the charter work as a Development Engineer at the time.

• 1 month later...

Hi Ian

I came across this by chance when I was looking for something else. I recognised the model from RFI and the diorama is a perfect example of how less can be more.

Dave G

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...