Bf109 E-4 Eduard 1:48

1:48 Eduard Bf109 E-4

Here are some photos of my recently completed Bf109 E-4. As the kit comes with quite a detailed representation of the DB601 engine I thought it would be nice to display it and not fit the cowling panels.

As you probably all know the kit is a pleasure to build with no issues I can recall. The only additions being photo etch seat belts, some plumbing to the engine and landing gear and 1.0mm aluminium tubing for the m/c gun barrels.

Decals are from the kit and went on without any problems.

Paints are Gunze Aqueous and Tamiya acrylics.

51109179244_b4cab68114_b.jpg

51109179189_86da43d881_b.jpg

51109431676_c798b59c6b_b.jpg

51109180344_099d9c0c36_b.jpg

51110211325_cbdfe57257_b.jpg

51109180454_c767455d07_b.jpg

As an aside, has anybody any experience of the 1:48 ICM Bf109F kits? I would be interested to read any comments.

Thanks for looking,

Bob.

• Like 33

A very nice Emil ! Congratulations !

I have the ICM kit in my stash and everytime after looking in the box its soon back in the stash.

The mold looks worse with all the flash and the fuselage spine is too square.

The decals in my kit are very opaque and look not really well printed.

You've made a cracking job of that old fruit,:goodjob: :speak_cool: :thumbsup: .

On 4/11/2021 at 4:57 PM, Bob_C said:

As an aside, has anybody any experience of the 1:48 ICM Bf109F kits? I would be interested to read any comments.

I finally got mine off the shelf of doom last year.I didn't bother with the engine so setting up the nose panels was a bit of a game.Other than a couple of easily sorted short shots the kit went together well with not a lot of filling or fettling.The next one will have a bit more gubbins added to the cockpit,it looks a bit bare in there. 

Edited by Alex Gordon
Spelin.

Thanks for all the comments and the info for the ICM kit. I have a copy of the F model. I think tropical camo would be nice.....

Cheers

Bob