Three Bristol Brothers

Hi all,

First up, along with many people, I managed to pick up the new Airfix Beaufort early on through Jadlam on preorder. A brilliant kit from Airfix with some superb engineering.

Kit is from the box with the exception of Eduard cockpit masks and replacement resin wheels to add a little extra detail. Build went together very well and especially pleased that the included schemes represented examples from St Eval, Cornwall - a location not far from me.

Not my best build, I used a new brand of Gloss Varnish for me and ended up going on too thick, resulting in a very high shine and nasty orange peel effect. My own fault, but lessons learnt.

In addition, the Airfix Bristol Blenheim Mk.1 was finished sometime back in late January, but due to other commitments I have been away from the modelling bench for 2 months. Also a nice kit from Airfix and despite some trouble around the cockpit glazing, a pleasing result - although the Vallejo Model Air colours used are a little over saturated from the bottole.

Displayed alongside the Noys Miniatures hangar and diorama base aswell as the Airfix Bomber Resupply set.

51109272541_548cd41f10_b.jpg

51109020794_c9da897787_b.jpg

51110050440_d35e32d79c_b.jpg

51110050415_84ffaa286f_b.jpg

51109272411_d00fc2e288_b.jpg

Edited by NavyWessex
  • Like 64

I've only recently built a Blenheim in the same scheme as yours, I was thinking about getting a Beaufighter and Beaufort at some point to finish the set. These are very good, might have persuaded me to look for the two others.

Brilliant!!!

Do not stop now!!! There are still a few kits that would fit the bill very nicely indeed.

Congrats!

JR

What a fantastic trio,...... they all look superb. You`ll have to carry on with the Buckingham, Brigand and Buckmaster now! 

Cheers

Tony

Most impressive results on both the trio of kits and the diorama pieces.

I must commit to building the Blenheim Mk 1 after seeing these, then the Beaufort, then the Beaufighter, all in my to do hangar.

Just how Australian deliveries of the Beaufort arrived so early is beyond me, but then so is your superb paint finish on that Beaufort in particular,

Michael