Airfix SdKfz 222 and Kubelwagen

Here's another old classic which made for a quick and happy build. I chose the European option rather than the desert setting depicted on Roy Cross's excellent box art as it was more suited to how the figures were dressed. 

Thinking about it now, I suppose I should have put the officer in the back of the Kubelwagen!

All the best,

Ian

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Looks great! Very nice painting for the small scale. The officer sits in the correct seat. In field conditions they preferred to ride in the front because they had a better control of the situation. The rear seat was rather used by general officers in the rear area, and they didn't have Volkswagens, they had a Mercedes or Horch staff car.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Toryu said:

Looks great! Very nice painting for the small scale. The officer sits in the correct seat. In field conditions they preferred to ride in the front because they had a better control of the situation. The rear seat was rather used by general officers in the rear area, and they didn't have Volkswagens, they had a Mercedes or Horch staff car.

Thanks. Makes sense. I was actually thinking of adding a spot of red and gold to make him a general officer but then as you say he wouldn't be slumming it in a Kubel. 😄

8 hours ago, ddw867 said:

Looks great, I remember building this set when I was a kid, probably sometime back in the 70's

Thanks, and welcome to BM. 

Yes, I built a few of these in the late 1970s myself. Excellent play value, but the barrels of the MP40s tended to get broken off pretty quickly! 

14 hours ago, IanC said:

Thanks, and welcome to BM. 

Yes, I built a few of these in the late 1970s myself. Excellent play value, but the barrels of the MP40s tended to get broken off pretty quickly! 

Yes they did!