Fw 190 A-4, Erich Rudorffer. Eduard 1/48 + detail sets

Hello Jorge

well, thats one of the best 190, or surely THE best 190 i have ever seen. Your paint and weathering job is such breathtaking, she looks simply fantastic in this scheme, a masterpiece of modelling.

you get my highest praise :   You made my dayyyyyy.

Edited by Harry Callahan
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Harry Callahan said:

Hello Jorge

well, thats one of the best 190, or surely THE best 190 i have ever seen. Your paint and weathering job is such breathtaking, she looks simply fantastic in this scheme, a masterpiece of modelling.

you get my highest praise :   You made my dayyyyyy.

Thank you, Harry for your very kind words. I'm happy you liked it but I can assure you there are many amazing and better Fw190 out there! 😉

3 hours ago, theskits62 said:

Magnificent !

Thank you! 😀

3 hours ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

Simply stunning! A true masterpiece.

Thank you very much! Happy you liked it

3 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Beautiful job. Rudorfer's mounts are some I'd like to do, albeit a bit smaller. We have a replica 190A-8 flying in New Zealand (occasionally) as one of his later, Eastern Front aircraft, I'm keen to model that, inaccuracies & all. It won't be a patch on this beauty though. :)

Steve. 

Thanks, Steve. I've checked your link and that is a very nice photo of a very beautiful plane!  Thanks for sharing it. 😉

3 hours ago, Parabat said:

That is incredible, a tour de force indeed of scale modelling excellence. Great choice of livery as well, superb.

Thank you!, yeah I though that is not a commonly seen camouflage so I decided to give it a go 😉

Thank you all for looking and commenting.

cheers

Jorge

• Like 2

A stunning 190,beautifully done that engine really does look like it has a few miles on the clock and that scheme will have me looking

for suitable decals for a 1/32 kit I have in the stash.

Ausgezeichnet! I totally agree with everything already said- by far the best Fw-190A I have seen in any scale. If you took a b&w photo with a suitable background, you would not be able to tell it was not a period photo of the real thing! I do love this scheme, but would like to do an A-4 trop with the sand filters. You, sir, are a steely-eyed model builder! 

Mike

Edited by 72modeler
corrected spelling

10 hours ago, mick said:

excellent work

Thank you very much! mick 👍

9 hours ago, Murewa said:

Blimey! .... That's amazing! ...

😀😄😉

9 hours ago, stevej60 said:

A stunning 190,beautifully done that engine really does look like it has a few miles on the clock and that scheme will have me looking

for suitable decals for a 1/32 kit I have in the stash.

Thank you stevej60 👍. You won't have any trouble founding a couple of balkenkreuz and a yellow number 1, that's all you need. And in 1/32 you can easily paint them, which will be even better!

7 hours ago, Jackman said:

My gosh! What a beautiful model!  Stunning details & weathering.

Thanks so much Jackman! I really enjoyed weathering this one. Mostly done with oil paints and some dust pigments

6 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Ausgezeichnet! I totally agree with everything already said- by far the best Fw-190A I have seen in any scale. If you took a b&w photo with a suitable background, you would not be able to tell it was not a period photo of the real thing! I do love this scheme, but would like to do an A-4 trop with the sand filters. You, sir, are a steely-eyed model builder! 

Mike

Thank you so much 72modeler for your very kind words. I'm glad you liked it 👍😀😄😉

• Like 3

Beautifully done 190 Jorge - lovely build and exquisitely finished detailing. Great scheme too! Despite his huge victory tally and the units which he led, Rudorffer is often forgotten as one of the leading Expeten - this is a fitting tribute to a formidable fighter pilot!

Cheers

Malcolm

19 hours ago, Madmaks said:

Incredible 👏👏👏 Beautiful detail and so well made and painted!

Thank you very much, Madmaks 👍

6 hours ago, Cris Garcia said:

Oh boy! What a beauty you have done here Jorge.  Stunning FW 190!  Deserves to open a large barril of fine liquor to celebrate this piece of art 🙌🏼 

Congratulations my dear friend! 

Cris

Querido Cris! thank you very much for all the very nice comments here and on instagram! I really appreciate your support and more importantly your friendship! What a hobby mate! 

PS. large barrel of fine liquor? YES please! 😄

1 hour ago, amos brierley said:

Absolutely fantastic.     😉

Thanks, amos brierley. I'm glad you liked it! 😉

27 minutes ago, Baldy said:

Beautifully done 190 Jorge - lovely build and exquisitely finished detailing. Great scheme too! Despite his huge victory tally and the units which he led, Rudorffer is often forgotten as one of the leading Expeten - this is a fitting tribute to a formidable fighter pilot!

Cheers

Malcolm

Hi Malcolm, thanks for the nice comments! 👍 Yes, you are right. I must confess I didn't even know about Rudorffer before I started this project. What surprise me the most besides him been the seventh top fighter ace in history is that he survived been shot down 16 times and then he lived til 98! I'm really wondering why he is not as well known as the rest of the other top German aces? I would love to learn more about him.

6 minutes ago, jackroadkill said:

That's just fantastic; a real demonstration of skill.  A great choice of subject, too.

Thank you jackroadkill! much appreciated 😀. I love this scheme too 😉

Thank you all for commenting!

cheers

Jorge

23 hours ago, Electric Indigo said:

A piece of art! And I love how you included the markings in the weathering.

Thanks you Electric Indigo!. I always weather the markings otherwise they look fake and "applied" on top. In this case I've also chipped the white stripes. Another thing that I'm trying to achieved is to do weathering that happens throughout time, not all at once, meaning some darker areas of fresh dirt and some dry dust etc. Sometimes I'm more successful than others but to me all models are part of the learning process. 😉

16 hours ago, Gary Brantley said:

Bloody strewth mate! 🍻  That's a superb scale model; most excellent indeed!  :worthy:

😄 Thank you, Gary, much appreciated words!

15 hours ago, Farmerboy said:

Sometimes a model is presented In RFI that simply takes your breath away, the level of brilliance in the construction, painting and weathering is of the highest order, stunning!!.

Thanks mate!, very happy for all the attention and nice comments! by the way what is RFI???

cheers and thank you all for looking and commenting.

Jorge

Very nice detail work and weathering. I might just get me myself one of those kits. 

One nit pick I see you've chipped the trailing edge of the propellor blades. Normally that wouldn't happen. The leading edge takes the hits. The BMW engine rotates clockwise as seen from the cockpit. 

Nitpicking as I say but certainly an excellent model.