tamiya 1/350 yamato 78025

Looks good Steve maybe a little more dark around the foot of the superstructure areas to give a bit more shadow.  :idea: just my thoughts tough.

beefy

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, steve5 said:

nice jacques , hope mine ends up looking like that good .

No doubt .👍

Some pictures of the yamato ( done in 2011 in an old Tamiya's version but with modified shimney with scratch tubes.

4mx3.jpg

Edited by jacques caroff
  • Like 5

On 11/04/2021 at 05:41, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday Steve, this will be a good model I think. Do you have any ideas for your next build, when you've completed this, next weekend? 😁

Regards, Jeff.

You’re a cruel man, Jeff, a cruel man 😉😉😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@steve5 I’ve got, waiting building, the Trumpeter 1/350 Italian cruiser ‘Zara’ and will be needing anchor chain, it used to come with it, but no longer does. Are you using chain on your build, if you are, can I ask what size it is, did it come with the kit or did you get it separately ?

Jon

my chain came with the kit faraway , the one on the left is the kit supplied one , if you message me your address I will post you one , the one next to it look's like it would suit you mate .

spacer.png

Edited by steve5
  • Like 1

sorry i haven't posted pictures for a while , but this section took a bit , over 150 pieces , 6 pages of instructions . and it's only 3 inches high . think I need a good lie down .

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 6

7 hours ago, steve5 said:

my chain came with the kit faraway , the one on the left is the kit supplied one , if you message me your address I will post you one , the one next to it look's like it would suit you mate .

spacer.png

That’s very kind, I’ll message you.

Jon

13 hours ago, steve5 said:

sorry i haven't posted pictures for a while , but this section took a bit , over 150 pieces , 6 pages of instructions . and it's only 3 inches high . think I need a good lie down .

150 prices.....chuff me, it's turned out very nicely though, 

thanks guys for the nice comments, this piece is a far cry from finished , just had a need to post .

spacer.png

spacer.png

this took me nearly one and a half hours , trying to put .1mm wire through a .11mm hole , after painting , and I thought my eyes weren't just too bad , was a nightmare . 

I actually cheated and used generic railing instead of the wire for some of the smaller bits .

spacer.png

spacer.png

still a lot of painting and weathering plus extra pieces to go on .

spacer.png

Edited by steve5
  • Like 5

You are making some good progress there.

I am always amazed by how long that ‘simple’ sub-assembly takes to build.

With regards threading wire/thread through small holes, I know exactly what you mean, what’s more irritating is, that sometimes it only takes one go and at others, it seems as if the hole has disappeared.

Jon

beefy , jon . what you just said could not be truer .

got some more stuff done , the antenna , and the rear radar , I think that's what it is called .

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 8