Scaleworx Agusta 109 QinetiQ ETPS

BritJet

Continuing my pattern of a resin alongside a vacform in this GB, the plan is to do this - photo from

https://www.dgualdo.it/regs7/getpi.htm copyright Graeme Lovell & used only for reference.

getpi-glo-2002-wall.jpg

The kit is from Scaleworx and is intended as the LUH version as used by the South African AF

f32076f9-b28a-4bf1-b8a5-c8b081949227.JPG

Lots of parts cast in a pale blue resin and virtually bubble free, the vacform transparencies are nice and clear

92d4ab64-d2fe-4858-8692-6fcabb28301f.JPG

I shall have to have a good look at the instructions to figure out what all the parts are for, but I'm guessing some of them are for the military equipment that I won't need.

e2de0c8a-f7af-43ef-9a0c-fdee0452b98a.JPG

I've drawn and printed the ETPS decals already and managed to find some blue backed decal paper so the white can actually be seen - makes it a lot easier to cut out rather than white on white!

e93edb08-7c76-4c7e-89fe-c4f6aa1b032b.JPG

Probably be a couple of days before I get started on this one due to work getting in the way.

Steve

• Like 10

I will admit to a certain amount of 'previous' when it comes to Raspberry Ripples and Griffins! The resin in this feels a bit weird and seems more flexible than normal so this build could get interesting. Once it's built the paint job should be straightforward.

Steve

• Like 1

Not managed to get much done on this during the week but I have got a lot of the parts removed from the casting blocks and cleaned up the holes where the transparencies will be fitted. A lot of the small detail parts will need to be replaced with metal rod/tube as they probably won't survive being removed from the blocks. I would replace the resin undercarriage legs anyway as they look likely to bend under the weight.

Hoping to get some time on this over the weekend.

Steve

• Like 3

Thanks Rich.

I've got the interior parts painted and assembled so next up will be to get them into the fuselage and then close that up.

Steve

Just catching up on the photos, interior painted and added to fuselage. There's not a lot of room for nose weight but I managed to get a bit in there,  got some more in above the cabin roof after taking this picture.

2f3aca69-4e94-498b-be3e-2e27429fb7ca.JPG

Fuselage halves glued together and the joints filled. It's not a bad fit and should clean up easily.

b3cff261-f489-4c9d-942f-1e17059535d9.JPG

The transparencies will be added next after the rubbing down is finished and all the dust removed.

Steve

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to add the transparencies later so I don't have to mask them, as some of the small parts would have been difficult to clean up without breaking, I've replaced them from metal rod. Also given it a first coat of gloss white which has come out well and started on the instrumentation boom that goes on the right hand side.

f82acd6c-349c-4d04-9c0d-f416b97b82ba.JPG

Steve

• Like 5

I've got the red on and about to start adding in the transparencies.

b65f4bb9-8db5-4aee-b7dc-ce2db99e7a4c.JPG

2d9ad015-b822-4ee9-b0b6-3a4598c66efa.JPG

Thanks for looking.

Steve

• Like 5

The blue and grey have gone on and most of the transparencies added, I'll add the ones in the blue after I've tidied a couple of bits up. All the small parts are painted and ready to be attached, some will be after decalling so they don't get in the way or knocked off again.

25c2e6cf-8962-4743-980f-1de02f2d39da.JPG

dda6d68e-8f5f-4628-bc63-fbc10d2edc3e.JPG

Thanks for looking.

Steve

• Like 7

Cheers Rich.

All the decals and kit parts are now done, I just need to do the very fiddly yaw/pitch vanes on the instrumentation boom which might take a while to get right.

cff791e7-0243-49ef-80c6-d2895213ea28.JPG

Steve

• Like 7