MiG-21MF Czech AF splinter camo

This is the KP MiG-21MF with SyH@rt Czech AF splinter camo decals, nice easy build and then about 3 hours to apply the decals.....

e479801f-2f3c-45fd-99df-ac1864e1eee9.JPG
2ad54cf7-ead7-45bc-a2d8-3c963ab44a2e.JPG
52609624-74bf-45ea-9edf-a6f396e4597d.JPG
eab39e55-8942-44db-bffb-62ab4df70d7a.JPG

Thanks for looking.

Steve

• Like 52

Thanks everyone.

On 11/04/2021 at 10:36, Pete in a shed said:

Spectacular result Steve. I would have been hitting the eyedrops bottle hard after that one! :hypnotised:.  What's the base colour? Is that pale grey or white?

Pete

I used Halfords Racking Grey overall, a lot of the splinter camo is in large pieces but it does take a fair bit of work to get some pieces in the right place to match up with the others. I did the decals in three sessions so they had time in between to dry properly and so I didn't go cross eyed. I enjoyed doing it but was glad to get it finished.

Steve

• Like 1

Thanks, when it turned up at Fairford I knew I wanted to model it but didn't want to paint all those random shapes! Buying the decal sheet was just a reflex action and has sat with the kit for ages as I thought it was going to be difficult to apply them all. It certainly stands out from the crowd of the usual grey jets!

Cheers.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks.

22 hours ago, Mike N said:

I also really like the backdrop in your photos, really sets the subject off nicely. Is the hangar a kit or scratchbuilt?

It's a card kit and I added some LEDs to give a bit more interest.

Steve

• Thanks 1

Thanks both.

4 hours ago, Bob the Builder said:

I looked at the first picture and thought I was looking at the real aircraft. A double take on the figures set me right. Really well done.

The figures are from a model railway shop - pre-painted which works for me!

Steve

Cheers.

2 hours ago, tonyot said:

Very nice Steve and well done for your patience,...... but my eyes hurt now,...... it must have sent you cross eyed mate??!!! 

It wasn't too bad to do, the decals are in a logical order on the sheet which was good, saved hunting around for a certain number etc. The only difficult bit was working out which way round some of them needed to go. It would help if the instruction sheet showed a line around each decal on the 3-view.

Steve

• Like 1