Eurocopter/Airbus EC145 QinetiQ

Revell EC145 converted to an EC145T2 with Naval Models resin fenestron tail. I also had to extend the skids and add the flotation bags, aerials and cable cutters. The QinetiQ decals are home made, the full-size helicopter is used to support the various ranges used by QinetiQ hence the registration G-RNGS.

9dc7ba7f-6fae-4339-b9bc-7912eb8e91cb.JPG
e6d0910c-d4e1-4a5e-a97a-999e9c3b3dda.JPG
393c7d88-891d-4c76-96c9-267e01fc9261.JPG

With some of the 'family'

31795945-5619-4631-b721-6a704420690c.JPG

Thanks for looking.

Steve

• Like 32

Thanks guys

2 minutes ago, RMCS said:

Niiiice 

1 hour ago, manuel said:

Happy family :).

Is it Ecureuil from Mach2?

Manuel

Yes it is the Mach2 kit with new vacformed transparencies and modified around the engine/exhaust area.

22 minutes ago, NavyWessex said:

Absolutely brilliant, where did you come by rh decals for the Twin Squirrel? 

I drew and printed them myself.

12 minutes ago, binbrook87 said:

Your collection is superb. Bang up to date with the Boscombe fleet.

Part of an ongoing theme of Boscombe/Farnborough/Bedford etc test & trials aircraft as used over the last 70 or so years.  Trouble is I keep finding more that I want to do!

Cheers.

Steve

3 minutes ago, BritJet said:

Thanks guys

Yes it is the Mach2 kit with new vacformed transparencies and modified around the engine/exhaust area.

I drew and printed them myself.

Part of an ongoing theme of Boscombe/Farnborough/Bedford etc test & trials aircraft as used over the last 70 or so years.  Trouble is I keep finding more that I want to do!

Cheers.

Steve

It's a great idea for a theme though....the possibilities are endless. If you don't already have it.. I highly recommend the book 'Testing Colours' published by Airlife back in the 1990s. Many colour photos of the RAe/ETPS/A&AEE fleet etc from the 1960s right through to the 1990s. Plenty of inspiration in there 👍

I bought 'Testing Colours' when it first came out and have been slowly working my way through it in 1/72! I did a load of raspberry ripples last year and have got a few more planned for this year. I'm just starting the Agusta 109 in the Non-Injection GB.

Steve

• Like 1

Nicely done. I wish someone would do the BK117 family in 1/48. They've been used in EMS roles around the world for years and I'm sure there's a market.

14 hours ago, BritJet said:

Hello Steve,

where do you get the transparencies, it's one of the big problem with Mach2.

What plane is G-ETPC?

Manuel

Thanks guys.

On 10/04/2021 at 23:52, noelh said:

Brilliant and that's a busy hangar. I'd no idea there were kits of the fixed wing aircraft particularly the Twinstar. 

The hangar is a card kit from GPM and the Twinstar is from AModel with my own decals.

On 11/04/2021 at 01:06, Bell209 said:

Nicely done. I wish someone would do the BK117 family in 1/48. They've been used in EMS roles around the world for years and I'm sure there's a market.

I agree, 1/48 would make sense. The lack of a kit is probably due to it not being a military type.

On 11/04/2021 at 12:06, manuel said:

Hello Steve,

where do you get the transparencies, it's one of the big problem with Mach2.

What plane is G-ETPC?

Manuel

The transparencies in my kit were not very clear and I needed to change the door window layout so I made a mould from the kit parts and vacformed the new parts.

G-ETPC is a Grob 120TP - my recently finished build is here

14 hours ago, kapam said:

Fantastic build!

The tarmac diorama is awesome too!

:goodjob:

The tarmac is just a large sheet of card, sprayed with Hafords Grey Primer with the joints drawn on in pencil - Nice and simple but I will add some different shades and weathering at some point.

Cheers.

Steve

• Like 1