Eduard Spitfire Mk.XVI Weekend Edition 1:48

Eduard Spitfire Mk.XVI Weekend Edition in 1:48 scale.

Markings are for an aircraft from the No. 601 Squadron, RAuxAF in 1949. The Spitfire took part in the Cooper Air Races. It was build out of the box.

The build went well until i started to fight myself, featuring a bad wash which nearly ruined it and a crushed propeller by my chair during the final assembly.:unsure:

The prop on the kit is a resin replacement.The silver color is a metal shade from Humbrol.

Despite the lack of position lights at the wing tips i am calling it done.

Hope you like it.

Cheers !

Bernd

6 5 4 3 2 1

• Like 33

5 minutes ago, IanC said:

Very nice Spit Bernd. I've had a few 'chair runs over vital kit components' moments myself, so I feel your pain! 

Thank you !

That was really a worse moment in a modellers life.

On 4/10/2021 at 8:44 PM, GREG DESTEC said:

Hi Bernd,

Nice to see this one finished, as I think you started it a while ago!

Looks good in the silver finish. Nice job 👍

Cheers Greg

Hi Greg. Thank you very much.

Yes this was started a while ago and it had at first the standart camo sprayed on. After a while i came to the conclusion that i need something more colorful in my display.

Its not the first time that my end result came out much different than intended.

Cheers and have a great start into the week.

On 4/10/2021 at 10:34 PM, RMCS said:

Lovley 

Thank you. :)

• Like 1

On 4/11/2021 at 12:00 AM, Wlad said:

Very nice. Now you know why I the chair in my model room doesn't have wheels... :huh:

Thank you. I have changed my chair as well. A wheeled chair at the bench is a something evil. :)

On 4/11/2021 at 12:43 AM, Alan P said:

Lovely finish and a very attractive silver scheme. Good rescue on the crushed prop! It's a horrible feeling when it happens 😔

Alan

Thank you :)

Yes it was awful. The resin propeller is from Quickboost and intended for the Hasegawa kit but fits Eduard as well.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Bernd. Hope you are well. Absolutely superb result!! Very well done. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Stix !

Thank you very much for the kind words.

Yes i am fine and more hopefully soon here.

:)

Cheers

Bernd

• Like 1

Love it Bernd!   Great job on a cool looking model dude.  :clap2:  As for chairs and models...my Grandmother sat on my very first model, one of those ancient yellow Aurora Zeros, after I had thoughtfully placed it on the chair seat.  :doh:  I was around six or seven I guess.   The Zero was crushed, and so was I.  😃

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gary Brantley said:

Love it Bernd!   Great job on a cool looking model dude.  :clap2:  As for chairs and models...my Grandmother sat on my very first model, one of those ancient yellow Aurora Zeros, after I had thoughtfully placed it on the chair seat.  :doh:  I was around six or seven I guess.   The Zero was crushed, and so was I.  😃

Hi Gary

thank you and also thanks for sharing this memory.

Around ten years ago i was dusting my modelling room and while space is rare i "parked" my quite new and nice Revell He 162 in 1:32 on my bench chair with the very same results done by myself.:(:wall:

Now i had some more space on the shelf for new builds....

• Haha 1