Airfix 1/72 F-16A Fighting Falcon

Okay okay, I know it's a Viper... 😄 

This is my attempt at Airfix's recently re-released F-16A kit - all be it as a  starter set. 

Overall not a hideous kit, asides from the raised panel lines (which I removed) the only let down is the appallingly small decal sheet. 

As ever for me, brush painted with Hataka blue-line acrylics. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Cheers! 

• Like 22

Thank Gents! 

7 hours ago, binbrook87 said:

I agree with you on the poor decal sheets offered with some of the Airfix Starter kits...very basic indeed considering the price you pay with paints and glue....they ain't that cheap really.

No it's a pretty poor show for a such a large kit - I can possibly understand only one option but not stencils or anything? I had to pinch the ones for the sidewinders from an old Harrier kit. 

Nice! My brother gave me this for Xmas when I was ~12ish years old, in the old boxing showing the B-16B RNLAF markings on the boxtop. My first of many F-16's and a love afair with the aircraft that still linger on :)

• Like 1

On 4/11/2021 at 12:12 PM, Beermonster1958 said:

I think the clue possibly lies in the term "Starter Set"?

These kits are aimed at a certain market and, I think perhaps that the customers they are aiming for might be put off by a mass of stencils on a decal sheet?

I hate the blasted things myself and, usually bin most of them!! 😉😂.

I'd agree with you inasmuch as I think they could include perhaps two simplified decal sheet options instead of one.

I've got a pair of the F-15 starter sets and, while the decal option is quite attractive, I'd think that at the £19 retail price another option would be good.

John

I'd agree with on the stencils to an extent, but whilst these ARE starter sets you can't get the F-18, F-16 or F-15 as anything else - so you have no option of buying a more expensive kit with a bigger sheet. A few more for the weapons etc. would be nice, but more options really should be included for £19! What I don't understand is why they've removed the option to make a F-16B - when the parts are in the kit?! 

But like you said, it is a starter set  and I guess you get what you pay for (or not). One thing I hated in the Eurofighter starter set though was that they didn't even include the cockpit IP..? That was really cheap!