Academy and Hasegawa F-14D Super Tomcat VF-2 Bounty Hunters (2003), CAG bird and toned down

Hello Hogogo,

As mentioned above, so much detail to look at.

My compliments with this excellent construction and the same goes for the photographs.

Regards, Orion / The Netherlands.

• 1 month later...

thanks all!

in the mean time I have also completed the Hasegawa Tomcat of the same squadron:

DSC09885.jpg

the internal shells of the GWH tomcat fit very well into the horrible exhaust of Hasegawa:

DSC09883.jpg

cockpit finished:

DSC09882.jpg

DSC09887.jpg

DSC09888.jpg

repair patches have been sprayed with extra matt vasnish, creating the darkened effect depending on the light:

DSC09891.jpg

DSC09893.jpg

DSC09894.jpg

DSC09895.jpg

DSC09896.jpg

DSC09897.jpg

DSC09899.jpg

DSC09900.jpg

DSC09905.jpg

DSC09906.jpg

Some final thoughts about this Hasegawa kit: Dear Mr Hasegawa, after some 30 years and a kazilion re-re-rereleases, these molds have really aged to the point where your must send them to retirement. Decals are good but a bit thick, as usual, but the details and surface details cannot match the competition anymore!

nex up: the Great Wall Hobby Tomcat!

• Like 6

• hugogo changed the title to Academy and Hasegawa F-14D Super Tomcat VF-2 Bounty Hunters (2003), CAG bird and toned down

thanks all! At this moment I still have not lost my Tomcat fever so there is more in the pipeline. Now if only my attic would not get too hot with the increasing temperature outside...