G.W.H 1/144 TSR2 with a twist.

Hello everyone.              Small model - ready for inspection.

It’s been a little while since I’ve posted a finished model here in ready for inspection, well, it’s close to just ten years, and my last one was a........

To date I’ve successfully built two TSR2’s as customer builds, but when I’ve come to my own both of them went into the bin. 😬   It’s felt like I’ve had a monkey on my back for some time. 🙉

I’ve got another TSR2 build on the go it’s stalled out for various reasons  🙈 I’m generally making it as hard as I can for myself, but now I’m hoping to make some progress this year....

This build has been covered already. So....

TSR2 with a twist: the twist being 1) the kit boxing comes with four pylons, one dorsal long range ferry tank 2) scratch built refuelling probe 3) a scratch built ventral ‘ rapidly blooming window’ pod. ( something you don’t see very often.)

spacer.png

A over view, finished, very happy.     

spacer.png

Small scale model but just visible is the Johnie Walker art and the Wing Commander emblem.
spacer.png

Small model, small vinyl decals bought from eBay. The set came with two sizes, the bigger set will be for another day.........
spacer.png

A sad end to what could have been, one of the last known photos to be taken of XR219.
spacer.png

I’m pleased with my model I’m hoping my model will be a stand alone subject for some time. 

spacer.png

An overall view, the aftermarket decals showing a 105 Sqn depiction- roughly what the first Squadron to form - 81 would have looked like. 😃

spacer.png

A rarely seen photo of XR219 on the flight line at Boscom Down, showing what a squadron of these could have been, what a FLEM back in the day would have been servicing.....

spacer.png

Very evocative photo, XR219 left hand engine just in re-heat.

spacer.png

What the TSR2 look like with a view out of 4 hanger at Warton back in the day. Have I ever mentioned that I once worked in 4H on the Eurofighter project.

spacer.png

The photo has an awful lot of detail for a modeller to use.
spacer.png

One truly evocative photo........

spacer.png

It’s been a journey,  a big thank you to everyone. 😉

• Like 33