Malta Spitfire Mk.IX - 1/32 Revell

Hi All, and wishing you a happy Friday despite the loss of Nick the Greek - he will be sadly missed by many, especially those ex-RN chaps who have probably met him and enjoyed his off-the-cuff irreverent humour, regardless of rank or branch. RIP HRH :poppy:

Here's a Malta Spit Mk.IX in the colours of EN530, allegedly flown by C F Gray DSO, DFC and 2 bars. I make no apologies for inaccuracies with the presentation (apart from a missing canopy in a couple of them!) because accuracy isn't my primary concern in modelling subjects!

tn_Spitfire Mk (5)

This was a therapy build for me while fighting the Tornado F3 conversion in my signature - this Revell kit is absolutely perfect for it. £20, easy build and beautiful subject, what's not to like? 

tn_Spitfire Mk (2) tn_Spitfire Mk (3) tn_Spitfire Mk (7) tn_Spitfire Mk (11)

This was built completely out of the box apart from seatbelts fashioned from Tamiya tape.

tn_Spitfire Mk (4) tn_Spitfire Mk (12)

I used White Ensign Colourcoats for the camouflage, MRP RAF Cockpit Green and metalizers for the metallic parts. Sun bleaching and wear effects were done using enamels.

tn_Spitfire Mk (10) tn_Spitfire Mk (8)

Really enjoyed making this kit. Very unlike me to have multiples of 1/32 kits but I made an exception in this case. I think the recent Revell 1/32 WW2 releases are just brilliant to build. May they live forever!

All the best,

Alan P

• Like 38

40 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Cracking Spitfire Alan and great sentiments fella.  

Great work 

Chris

There you are again Chris:like: thanks very much!

34 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Lovely job, Alan. As you say, whats not to like.

Thanks Vinnie, these are great kits for the money.

4 minutes ago, Wulfman said:

Great build, Malta Spitfires are a favourite topic for me !

Wulfman

Thanks very much, hope it's more or less right 👍

• Like 1

On 4/9/2021 at 9:33 PM, SAT69 said:

Excellent work sir! Truly excellent!

Thank you very much! 

Should have said before, it's not completely out of the box, I used decals from the 'Spitfire IX Aces' set by DK Decals. Highly recommended, though again not sure about the accuracy, as with most things.

9 hours ago, Stephen said:

Great work, the weathering is spot on.

Thanks a lot Stephen. I like the bit just around the door and forward of the cockpit, wish the whole thing had looked like that 😁