1/32 Italeri GR4 Tornado, 617 Squadron.

Hi, Please find my Italeri 1/32 Tonka in 617 Squadron 70th markings.

A massive thank you to Jack Ruskin, without him and his Fuel tanks, I would have had to fitted the larger Italeri tanks, Thanks JR..

IMG_2254

IMG_2252

IMG_2253

IMG_2264

IMG_2257

IMG_2256

IMG_2260

IMG_2261

Thanks for looking.

• Like 65

That's impressive work you've done. What was the kit like to build? I ask because I'm contemplating buying one.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SAT69 said:

That's impressive work you've done. What was the kit like to build? I ask because I'm contemplating buying one.

The kit went together fairly well, I used Spencer Pollards book as a build guild as well as the instructions. I would advise filling the nose with fishing weights and resin glue though, she’s a big lump to tail sit. I used the Master Casters seats, Master pitot set is also a given. The intakes are a fiddle to sit right and need injector pin marks filling and painting before assembling.

The weapons are a bit crude in detail, hence why I opted for Eduard Brassin GBU (need slight modifications to make US bombs to ones used by the U.K.) Boz pod and AIM’s. The FLIR pod is from Tim Perry, it’s 3D printed and a gem, not seen anyone else do a Tornado pod in this scale. 

You may want to hand on if you’d like to add Brimstone missiles, Eduard are releasing these very soon (May time I think?)

Kit decals are good but I wanted to model the Dambusters 70th scheme, so use the Fantasy Decals for the Revell kit, they fit ok I think.

I will buy another kit and incorporate the same basic details but add different weapons and decals. 

Impressive model of an impressive aeroplane,...... really well done indeed mate. 

Still feels strange that the Tornado is now a museum piece..... it was almost a `constant' in RAF life,.....  

Cheers

Tony 

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 2

I’d been inspired by Spencer Pollards book and a friend posting the markings of 617 on his fb page.

The extras did make up for the short comings of this kit and I’d advise anyone to go the extra mile to add them.

Glad you like.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PolarisPrime said:

I built the Revel one years ago when it first came out.  Compared to that I won't even notice anything like a "short coming" on this kit

I found the weapons ‘soft’ in detail compared with the rest of the kit. In addition the seats suffers the same conclusion in my humble opinion.

The wheels were a luxury and although I didn’t change them on this kit, I will on my next Tornado.

At the end of the day, it’s personal and financial choices.

• Like 1