Tamiya 1/35 jagdtiger

Hi guys. Can one of you clever chaps tell me the location of the refuling points on the jagdtiger please. I was looking to add some fuel stains and can't figure out where to put them. 

Many thanks in advance. 

I'm not an expert but from a quick look round the internet it looks like the re-fuelling access was under the hatch in the middle of the rear engine deck.

Here's a pic of the Bovington Jagdtiger engine bay.

y4mb3zqU6OHBF27VWK1Zn8HcuEs8UWb_PQnpb2Ls

Maybe the nozzles at upper left and tight feed fuel tanks through fittings no longer in place?

Edited by echen
Added pic

1 hour ago, echen said:

Maybe the nozzles at upper left and tight feed fuel tanks through fittings no longer in place?

These two are radiator connectors.

Jagdtiger fuel system was quite similar with the ones of King Tiger and Panther. It had several main tanks, which were connected with a smaller central tank that was located behind the engine in the very rear of the hull. 
The fuelling was done through that central tank. You could easily spot the fuel cap there.

spacer.png

Kristjan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, echen said:

I'm not an expert but from a quick look round the internet it looks like the re-fuelling access was under the hatch in the middle of the rear engine deck.

Here's a pic of the Bovington Jagdtiger engine bay.

y4mb3zqU6OHBF27VWK1Zn8HcuEs8UWb_PQnpb2Ls

Thanks for the help. 

26 minutes ago, vaoinas said:

These two are radiator connectors.

Jagdtiger fuel system was quite similar with the ones of King Tiger and Panther. It had several main tanks, which were connected with a smaller central tank that was located behind the engine in the very rear of the hull. 
The fuelling was done through that central tank. You could easily spot the fuel cap there.

spacer.png

Kristjan

Thanks for the help. 

There are no visible fuel caps on the kit at that point. I guess tamiya either left them off or they are underneath the side skirts. 

16 minutes ago, vaoinas said:

It's on the engine deck, behind the engine hatch.

spacer.png

Thankyou. Very helpfull.