Where do they get their prices from?

Bullbasket

The other day, a van pulled up outside our house and a woman got out and came in and spoke to my wife. Apparently, she was selling women's clothing. After  brief conversation, the woman left. I asked my wife what it was that she was selling, and she showed me a leaflet that the woman had left. Now I'm not acquainted with the prices of women's underwear, but even I was taken aback at what they were charging. For a pack of three knickers, 35 euros, and for a bra, 49 euros. Really?? I should imagine that she won't get many takers.

John.

Just file that away for future reference next time eye browse are raised regarding one of your 'essential' purchases 😀 ("but it was less than the price of a pair of knickers")

Cheers

Colin

• Haha 7

Not sure what it's like in France, but in the UK if a van pulls up with someone selling stuff out of it, often it's a bit dubious...

Edited by RobL

17 hours ago, stever219 said:

I get my knickers from M&S (other clothing retailers are available) for £1 a pair in 5-packs.

So do I, but unfortunately, their product contains elastane, and if you get an allergic reaction to it, oh boy does it cause an itchy, sore rash (ask me how I know)!

17 hours ago, RobL said:

Not sure what it's like in France, but in the UK if a van pulls up with someone selling stuff out of it, often it's a bit dubious...

No, all perfectly legal over here. Their company name and phone number are emblazoned on the side of the van for all to see.

John.

• Like 1

Of course our hobby pricing makes much more sense.... 🤔

So this highly accurate, easy to build Tamiya plane costs £20

Or this resin model which needs 100 hours fettling, was designed in someone's garage and will leave you with COPD is £120

4 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

SWMBO wasn't impressed when I remarked that the bra worked out a 24 euros per ti cup.

John. 

It's been a while since I had a bargain like that.

On 4/9/2021 at 7:16 PM, Dave Swindell said:

I always thought there was something dodgy with that Mr Whippy van....

Yeah, asked for 99 ice cream and all I got was a cone with a flake in it.....  :)