Wespe self-propelled gun, eastern front, 1944.

I just finished this 1:35 Wespe recently and made a small scene to accompany it. 
The 10.5cm projectiles and transport crates are 3D printed that I designed and printed for this project. Others boxes are from an AFV club set.

Nanond

XKVLRWi.jpg

8uDVUz5.jpg

KZMxip1.jpg

almLwSP.jpg

l3sCGGS.jpg

sTKOriE.jpg

fj7oprJ.jpg

PJKhhZ9.jpg

GAA3oN7.jpg

1JdJQOd.jpg

VoEcA6S.jpg

• Like 24

Great work, the 3D printed parts look really nice. Like how you’ve put plenty of footprints round them too. What did you use for snow btw?

• Like 1

On 4/9/2021 at 12:16 PM, vytautas said:

Really great! I'm not a big fan of dioramas, but yours looks very good and convincing, feels winter, cold, and cloudy day.

And very subtle colors and shades.

Vytautas

Thank you! Diorama is not my thing either. I just practiced some small bases for some of my builds. Figure painting took me ages.

On 4/9/2021 at 3:10 PM, TEXANTOMCAT said:

Terrific job very atmospheric! 👍

Much appreciated!

On 4/9/2021 at 4:58 PM, Model Mate said:

Brrrr! I can feel the chill!

Excellent job.

Haha half the credit goes to Tamiya. Their figure models of the 90's were not the best but I always found the posture interesting. Tamiya seemed to havre perfected it in the last few years.

On 4/9/2021 at 8:34 PM, GRK said:

Great work, the 3D printed parts look really nice. Like how you’ve put plenty of footprints round them too. What did you use for snow btw?

Thank you! Yes, I think footprints are what makes snow tells stories. The snow is Tamiya's product called powder snow texture. 

11 hours ago, Spitfire 123 said:

Excellent dio, I love the figures especially! 👍

Riley

Thank you! Figure painting has never been my strong point. Your compliment is much appreciated. 

10 hours ago, Homer said:

Excellent work looks great 👍

Thank you!!

9 hours ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

Superb scene. I'm impressed that the soldier without a great coat  ACTUALLY looks cold!

Ah, that's why he looks so cold and his mate not so much. Pity he didn't bring his coat today. Thank you!

Nanond

• Like 1