AIP 1/350 Thunderbird 2

So, I purchased the newly reboxed Thunderbird 2 Launch Bay kit from AIP and have decided to build Thunderbird 2 on its own in flight mode (will come back to the launch bay in the future). After hunting around for good colours, I went with some that I already had to see how they would come out and I am pretty pleased with the results so far.

Here are my colour choices (all Vallejo as I have the best results with these).

spacer.png

Here is the front end in "Sick Green":

spacer.png

And here is the current state of play with all the masking removed. Needs some manual touch-ups, but am quite pleased with the results so far.

spacer.png 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The kit doesn't seem much different from the original moulds other than a slightly better fit by all accounts. I feel I need to grab the other kits in this scale as well given they are pretty cheap at the moment.

• Like 12

Did some decal detailing, varnished and weathered with ProModeller Wash. Pretty much done, although I tend to fiddle with "finished" models for weeks ...

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Before I varnished, I played around a bit in Photoshop ...

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Bit of an update since I last posted. I have gone and built all the 1/350 versions of the first 4 Thunderbirds (Thunderbird 3 was my favourite to build and Thunderbird 1 is the one that comes with the launch bay). Still deciding on how to display them. Will post pic in the other section.

Edited by Tak5haka
Posted in wrong section.