1/48 F4U-7 Corsair -Hasegawa

thank you!

as for the chipping, the whole model is primed with mr hobby 218, wich gives weak adhesion for paints applied on it.

then the dark sea blue is painted, and after drying, chipped with toothpick and blade.

img_7421.jpg

img_7422.jpg

:)

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

Nice Corsair in Suez markings. It seems that the tail trim actuators were on the intrados and not on the extrados, on the AU7 and on the AU1. best regards.Ref Bert Kinzey D&S Vol 56 and Ailes de Gloire n°12.

• Like 2

Thank you guys :)

6 hours ago, Zigomar said:

Nice Corsair in Suez markings. It seems that the tail trim actuators were on the intrados and not on the extrados, on the AU7 and on the AU1. best regards.Ref Bert Kinzey D&S Vol 56 and Ailes de Gloire n°12.

Yes, you are totaly right!

Beautiful, wonderfully executed weathering. Looks utterly convincing. I enjoyed seeing your model so much I'm going straight back for another look. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/8/2021 at 11:15 PM, rom1 said:

thank you!

as for the chipping, the whole model is primed with mr hobby 218, wich gives weak adhesion for paints applied on it.

then the dark sea blue is painted, and after drying, chipped with toothpick and blade.

img_7421.jpg

img_7422.jpg

:)

Hi did you put any undercoat under the mr hobby 218 or did you spray the 218 straight onto the model?

• Like 1

My favorite postwar Corsair variant in my favorite markings! There used to be one of these in the same scheme that was very active on the airshow circuit back in the 70-80's, and I was able to get a lot of detail photos. Outstanding modeling, correct loadout, and you even displaced the servo tabs to match the elevator deflection- a little touch that is missed by many; I am impressed. Now you need an F4U-5NL to go with this one on your shelf! Wish we had a decent late Corsair in 1/72 scale, but happy for you 1/48 builders! I totally agree with the comments on your weathering and cockpit.

Mike

• Like 1

On 6/10/2021 at 8:02 PM, Carlosee1974 said:

Hi did you put any undercoat under the mr hobby 218 or did you spray the 218 straight onto the model?

Thanks guys!!

Carlos, 218 is sprayed right onto the plastic.

It turned to be that is was a fragile coat as it can disolve easily with enamel thinner.

Cheers !

10 hours ago, rom1 said:

Thanks guys!!

Carlos, 218 is sprayed right onto the plastic.

It turned to be that is was a fragile coat as it can disolve easily with enamel thinner.

Cheers !

Hi thanks so much..I’m going to try it on my Hellcat later :)

• Like 1