HMS York 1941

On 7/6/2021 at 9:23 AM, robgizlu said:

Yabba Dabba Doo!

Rob

Hmm think someone has been at the wine again but ok I can live with that one after all it is in my age group.  :dinosaur:

So after removing all the moulded on details which was not very convincing I started adding it all back on using the PE detail set much respect to @Ex-FAAWAFU and @robgizlu for using and putting me onto these extras Ohh why do I listen to other people.  :facepalm: this is going to take a while.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Also managed to get the PDF plans from Black Dragon or Profile Morskie need to enlarge the print on these sections

spacer.png

Stay Safe

beefy

Edited by beefy66
Info added
  • Like 13

3 hours ago, beefy66 said:

Ohh why do I listen to other people.  :facepalm: this is going to take a while.

That's what happens when you play with the Big Boys.....

I'm sure you're up to it

Stay safe

Kev

• Like 3

Small update been enjoying some sunshine and reading my new books so lack of plastic work been done.

On the PM drawings I picked up that York has railings around the bridge platforms and only the top most platform should have solid sides the photos Jamie posted ref her black lower hull show this so removed the solid sides and added some spare rail this will be covered with tissue paper to represent the canvas dodgers used the plastic sides for rough shape before cutting them down.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 17

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2021 at 4:21 AM, steve5 said:

can I ask where you got all your extras , including the plans , do have some addresses you can share , please .

Hi Steve sorry for late reply been away on holiday for a couple of weeks as Tom pointed out plans are from the link provided a few quid to purchase but you get a PDF file to keep on download and I managed to print them on a larger printer to A3 size in 4 sections to read them clearly. The PE sets are a mix of Eduard and WEM for Exeter I was planning on doing YORK out of the box but I managed to get the INFINI set for EXETER at a great deal so thought I could use most of the other sets for this one.

You know when you have them bright ideas.  :whistle:

On 7/31/2021 at 11:23 PM, Bugle07 said:

Very nice (jammy) dodgers Beefy.

Cheers Geoff

On 7/17/2021 at 5:45 PM, longshanks said:

Stay chilled  and safe

I was very chilled last week in the middle of nowhere in a very nice cottage plenty of dog walks and fresh air and a trip to the seaside that was not busy at all Mablethorpe in Lincolnshire and although I do not build wingy things you have to admire these machines Lady Jane doing a Taxi run at the Aviation Heritage Centre hairs on the back of the neck time when you hear those Merlin engines go past at full throttle

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Any whoo back to work tomorrow so couple of hours at the bench been dry fitting the decking will have to piece in some small areas around the bridge and the shield around the mid ship area will also be getting replaced with some PE from a scrap fret.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 14

3 hours ago, beefy66 said:

hairs on the back of the neck time when you hear those Merlin engines go past at full throttle

Couldn't agree more. Somewhere - hopefully lost - is a video of a certain young nipper, let's call them Cpt Lord D'Univers, bawling their eyes out in fear as one of these behemoths came from nowhere, over a hill, and flew so low over the airfield (Duxford?) it felt like you could touch it and so loud you could taste it. That sound though.

York is lookin' good too.

David

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well not a lot of progress to knackered after start up at work but the big boy's have been again with not going to any shows for nearly 2 year my pocket money is bursting out of the piggy bank so treated myself to these two kits from Atlantic Models and some PE for a very old kit I have had for a while. Might give York a bit of a break it is starting to become a slog so might pick a little one for now to get the old inspiration going.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 8

That's an old kit of royal sovereign, it's one my father had or still has if he's been able to hide it in the loft! The R class really do deserve a revisit by the injection mould companies in 1:350 this time

Edited by S-boat 55
  • Like 1

I hadn't realised the Type 12 had been released Beefy. One for my "to buy" list!

That Royal Sovereign will be a nice challenge, and I reckon the etch set will lift it into a class (and scale) of its own.

Terry

• Like 1

I seem to have been ignoring this, no excuses other than a mistaken belief I had been following it but all was new & not a like to be seen, hmmm, make of that what you will.  :unsure: Your York is looking good & just when I catch up, you take a break on it claiming fatigue & then go off to tackle resin things or prehistoric plastic battleships. Hmmm, I'll make of it what I can but I'll need to pay more attention. I'll try to hang in here. :)

Steve.

• Like 1

Thanks gent,s when I get round to the R class it will be done as HMS Resolution as following my trend of ships built on the river Tyne

10 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

I hadn't realised the Type 12 had been released Beefy. One for my "to buy" list!

Terry not long been out and you should look at the web site it will make your wallet scream with all the other new stuff Peter has coming out Battle Class and Hunt Class happy days.  :yahoo:

10 hours ago, stevehnz said:

I seem to have been ignoring this, no excuses other than a mistaken belief I had been following it but all was new & not a like to be seen, hmmm, make of that what you will.  :unsure: Your York is looking good & just when I catch up, you take a break on it claiming fatigue & then go off to tackle resin things or prehistoric plastic battleships. Hmmm, I'll make of it what I can but I'll need to pay more attention. I'll try to hang in here. :)

Steve.

Steve my apologies and thanks for the likes but your comments have made me feel all guilty about saying I was thinking of having a break and being fatigued there are far more people who have greater problems than I do you just made it sound like I was getting a right royal rollicking from my old school Headmaster  :smartass: very sorry Sir.

I shall get my finger out as they say and Crack on now and stop whinging

I shall do the other 95 lines quietly at my desk or I could just get cracking on all the other scuttles I need to fit.  :whistle:

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 4
  • Haha 5