10 hours ago, One 48 said:

Hi Duncan, will you be stocking forthcoming Tamiya 1/48 Phantom when its released?

Thanks.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to get it, the UK Tamiya Distributor (like a few others) won't sell to online based shops unless they also have a 'bricks and mortar' shop too. Some of my other suppliers might get them in which case I will but I can't promise anything at the moment.

Duncan B

• Like 1
On 4/8/2021 at 7:04 AM, Duncan B said:

I'm not sure if I'll be able to get it, the UK Tamiya Distributor (like a few others) won't sell to online based shops unless they also have a 'bricks and mortar' shop too.

Duncan B

That's a bit of outdated thinking in this day and age. Nearest to me is a round trip of over 50miles, plus you have to pay an extortionate fee to park in the city centre where they are located.

Can't remember the last time I purchased anything modelling related from a shop

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, colin said:

That's a bit of outdated thinking in this day and age. Nearest to me is a round trip of over 50miles, plus you have to pay an extortionate fee to park in the city centre where they are located.

Can't remember the last time I purchased anything modelling related from a shop

I agree, it smacks of protectionism to me (and don't get me started on price fixing! I'm not suggesting the UK Distributor of Tamiya is involved in price fixing but it is happening) but that's the way it is.

Duncan B

• Like 2