Revell 1/32 Spitfire Mk.IIa

A nice kit and my favourite build to date. Added the CMK extra detail cockpit the first time I had used extra bits for a kit. I have to say it was a nightmare, bits broke while taking them off the blocks, so I ended up with a mixture of the extra kit and the box original kit. Once it was together the cockpit did look nice, but it would not fit in the air frame so it took a lot of cutting, sanding and eventually I got it to fit, but I will probably not bother with a kit like that again! I tried doing an oil wash all over before I painted it, although I am not sure it made much difference to be honest.

I do my camouflage by hand, not sure if that is the best way but seems to give good results with a fuzzy line between the colours. Keep breaking bits off as I get near the end, so you will notice some bits missing! Had a go with some weathering as well, which I think has come out ok. I leaned towards less is more. The decals on the underside of the wing were impossible to get on so you will see they are a bit of a mess. I am pleased with this kit though, on to the next!

20210407_191915 20210407_191939 20210407_192056 20210407_192106

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Great looking Spit!

Concerning your experience with the CMK cockpit, no reason to give up on aftermarket cockpits i built most of my kits with them and it's a learning curve with every   

cockpit, most important is dry fitting & sanding several times even if a cockpit is designed for a certain kit you will have more or less extensive extra work but depending   

on the kit it definitely will be worth the extra effort.

Hans