- MIL Mi 24 Hind - 1/48

- Inspired by our friend Johnny the Spadgent  1/48 and Nikolay , this is my own Hind.

-I have to say that I'm very desapointed by the result, the main attraction is the riveting on which I spent many hours and the fina result is not rewarding in regards of time spent on it.

- Those bloody rivets are faintly visible on the finished model and unvisible on photo which, to add of the mess, are rather blurred......I choosed avoiding pre-shading to prevent of clogging these tiny little things before painting for nuts. Coats of paint and matt varnish too thick? Irregular 3D printing? can't tell 

let 'us see....

JGaS3x.jpg

ZwmsMu.jpg

9PozrP.jpg

t0D4cb.jpg

rUwMUq.jpg

U7NzVn.jpg

td5Jgk.jpg

M5ITKb.jpg

- I think it is time for me to invest in a new A.P.N, this one is around 25 years old. The last three photo are from my phone......

• Like 32

I think any paint will hide those rivets, they are so tiny. Anyway your mission was successful, time for a rest now! BTW seems like you have a new bridge outside! Seriously nice work, as usual!

• Thanks 1

She looks ready to fly away! Impressive modelling.

They're awesome beasts IRL. We had two of them making a very low level pass over our balcony in Dushanbe, Tajikistan, some years ago. You feel very small…

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Zigomar said:

I think any paint will hide those rivets, they are so tiny. Anyway your mission was successful, time for a rest now! BTW seems like you have a new bridge outside! Seriously nice work, as usual!

Spassiba Tovarich Jeannot

13 hours ago, exdraken said:

I think it looks great!

Rivets are probably more realisticin this scale than exaggerated!

What is sn A.P.N?

- Thanks you Werner-Sorry for the A.P.N -I didn't translate the french  "Appareil Photo Numérique" into "Digital Camera"

6 hours ago, PranayKumar99 said:

Good one! I have this kit planned in Indian Markings soon!

- Just GO

• Like 1

This is a remarkable job you have done, it came out wonderful!  I really like the open doors and panels along with the additional detail you added which this shows off so nicely.

• Thanks 1

On 4/9/2021 at 10:15 AM, Homer said:

Very nice ,that cockpit looks like its from star ship enterprise, an excellent job well done 👏

- The cockpit is a 3D product from Quinta Studio, it may look a bit flashy but I keep it like this as spreading a wash on it  may lessen most of its amazing details..