USAF's F-15EX has an official name

Slater

39 minutes ago, Martian said:

I'm with you on that Bill. Are we now to expect Eagle III, The Story Continues, Eagle IV, The Eagle Strikes Back or even Eagle V, The Prequel? 

Martian 👽

h

Nah, if they had to rename after Eagle II it would have to be Eagle III: The Search for Senility:hobbyhorse:

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Martian said:

I'm with you on that Bill. Are we now to expect Eagle III, The Story Continues, Eagle IV, The Eagle Strikes Back or even Eagle V, The Prequel? 

Ah!

Now I get it! already the F-15E was called wrong!

Should have been the "Eagle Strikes Back" instead of "Strike Eagle"....

Funny thing, the EX is way more Strike Eagle than Eagle...

So the "Stike Eagle Strikes Back," would only be correct ;)

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, LorenSharp said:

h

Nah, if they had to rename after Eagle II it would have to be Eagle III: The Search for Senility:hobbyhorse:

What? The plane or the naming committee?

Confused of Mars 👽

PS: Someone ought to send the naming committee a link to this thread so they can see the degree of confusion and mayhem they have caused.

PPS: Someone stop me, I just found out how to contact the General in charge. I wonder if he is any relation to our own @general melchett? I bet he could come up with a more imaginative name!

2 hours ago, Martian said:

What? The plane or the naming committee?

Confused of Mars 👽

PS: Someone ought to send the naming committee a link to this thread so they can see the degree of confusion and mayhem they have caused.

PPS: Someone stop me, I just found out how to contact the General in charge. I wonder if he is any relation to our own @general melchett? I bet he could come up with a more imaginative name!

Actually, they should be sacked, in fact those who are responsible of the sacking those  people, should also be sacked.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Martian said:

or even Eagle V, The Prequel? 

Martian 👽

That will be the F-15A with lipstick applied, lauded by swooning ex-Boeing VP Pentagon lobbyists and tame hack Beltway journos all swearing blind it's a 21st century 6th Gen Raptor killer.

And somebody will believe them.

19 minutes ago, Alan P said:

That will be the F-15A with lipstick applied, lauded by swooning ex-Boeing VP Pentagon lobbyists and tame hack Beltway journos all swearing blind it's a 21st century 6th Gen Raptor killer.

And somebody will believe them.

Only an ignorant fool with one semi-functioning brain cell would believe that Bilge water like a Con..ress..ma.... You know you're pabsolutly absotively correct Alan, only a fool:fool:

• Haha 1

PPS: Someone stop me, I just found out how to contact the General in charge. I wonder if he is any relation to our own @general melchett? I bet he could come up with a more imaginative name!

Why, that's easy.........Speckled Jim. (EX multi-role carrier pigeon)

• Like 1

On 17/05/2021 at 06:13, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

They named a plane after a cigarette ? 

Fagot is a wood wind instrument or a bundle ( of wood or iron bars) not a slur on gay men or a brand of cigarettes :)

Cheers, Moggy

• Like 1