Decals For Tamiya Ferrari 1/20 F310B

cyanide14

Hi everyone,

I have a Ferrari F310B Tamiya on my bench and the decals have broken off.

Emailed Tamiya but to no replies.

Unable to find any decals for F310B online and on Ebay except for only tobaccos decals.

Anywhere got sell decals for 1/20 Tamiya F310B?

Thanks a lot!

On 07/04/2021 at 09:05, cyanide14 said:

Hi everyone,

Unable to find any decals for F310B online and on Ebay except for only tobaccos decals.

Thanks a lot!

Please see here: https://www.spotmodel.com/product_info.php?products_id=54000 These are beautiful decals, and will be in stock soon!

15 hours ago, feelgood said:

Please see here: https://www.spotmodel.com/product_info.php?products_id=54000 These are beautiful decals, and will be in stock soon!

Hi,

Thanks for the heads-up.

Hope there will be stock.

Wonder why there isn't any aftermarket decals for this F310B (besides tobacco decals).

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
On 5/15/2021 at 3:19 PM, PZRGREN said:

Are you able to print decals yourself?  If you had a copy of them for example.

Nope.

I don't have any ALPS printer. 

Not sure if able to duplicate or not as I am not familiar with Adobe Photoshop.

Thanks!

I just scan decals using my old canon ink jet printer/scanner and print them on it to decal paper.  Seems to work ok.  I have the F310B kit myself and the decals are a little yellowed.

On 5/17/2021 at 8:01 PM, PZRGREN said:

I just scan decals using my old canon ink jet printer/scanner and print them on it to decal paper.  Seems to work ok.  I have the F310B kit myself and the decals are a little yellowed.

Hi,

I am able to scan the decals, but the printer shop stated that the blue backing background with the decals will be printed too.

So I need to redraw the decals so the there's no blue background in it, using Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator, something which I am not trained on it.

18 hours ago, modelbautony said:

Can you define "...decals have broken off..." in your original post? Are they just missing or destroyed? 

Hi,

They are destroyed. 

When i put the decal in the water, the decal will not come out of the blue backing paper, if I use a little pressure to move it out of the blue backing paper, it just disintegrate. 

Thanks!

On 07/04/2021 at 08:05, cyanide14 said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks a lot!

When you say you contacted Tamiya who did you contact , the U.K. importer is hobbyco off that helps 👍

5 hours ago, cyanide14 said:

Hi,

They are destroyed. 

When i put the decal in the water, the decal will not come out of the blue backing paper, if I use a little pressure to move it out of the blue backing paper, it just disintegrate. 

Thanks!

Ah, ok. I wasn't quite sure what you meant. 

I am currently experimenting with printing my own decal sets after disappointment with various 'suppliers' with accuracy (incorrect fonts, sizes, colours etc). I'm not sure it will be commercially viable as they would certainly be 'one offs'.