1/48 Monogram T-6 Texan

Hi Guys!

Let me present you my 1/48 Monogram T-6 Texan in Korean War livery. This is an old, old build. I build it with the purpose of trying some new techniques. First, I completely rescribed the kit and added some scrachtbuilt items inside the cockpit and engine. I also lowered the elevators for a more dynamic pose and end using some True Details resin wheels for a better look.

It was painted with different Alclad metal colors and enamels for the rest. I also use some Eagle Strike decals to represent a bird during the Korean War. Nice decals, but the only problem I encountered with them is that the checkerboard was to short to fit the engine cowling, not been perfectly centered with the anti glare panel. I only noticed it when the model was already finished. O well, live and learn!

It was my first try at weathering and I think I went a little heavy, but I can live with that, and despite all these years and new models, it still holds and important place in my display gabinet and is one of my favourites in my collection.

Hope you like it! :bye:

DSC-0214.jpg

DSC-0215.jpg

DSC-0216.jpg

DSC-0217.jpg

DSC-0218.jpg

DSC-0219.jpg

DSC-0220.jpg

DSC-0221.jpg

DSC-0222.jpg

DSC-0223.jpg

Cheers!

Tato

• Like 27

What a beauty,...... excellent Texan mate,.... love the scheme and you`ve done it to perfection,

Cheers

Tony  

You've done outstanding work on the T-6. I'm especially impressed with the metallic finish. It's wonderful!

19 hours ago, dnl42 said:

Very nice work! :thumbsup:

The T-6 is one of my faves.

Thanks dnl42! Glad you like it!

15 hours ago, Harry Callahan said:

really great work, very impressive

Hi Harry,

Thanks for your coment! Glad you also like it!

8 hours ago, tonyot said:

What a beauty,...... excellent Texan mate,.... love the scheme and you`ve done it to perfection,

Cheers

Tony  

Thanks Tony! Indeed, is a fantastic scheme for a Texan! Hands down my favourite!

7 hours ago, SAT69 said:

You've done outstanding work on the T-6. I'm especially impressed with the metallic finish. It's wonderful!

Thanks SAT69 for your coment! Glad you like it!

Thanks all!

Cheers,

Tato

• Like 1

On 07/04/2021 at 16:06, RiotRolo said:

Great metal finish, especially with the contasts in the panels

Hi RiotRolo, 

Thanks for your coment! Glad you like it!

On 07/04/2021 at 16:25, Buzby061 said:

Very nice. Just shows what can be done with a kit that isn't in the first flush of youth.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thank you! Indeed, in spite of it's age, it still a very nice kit and looks the part once built.