Radial engine Lancaster

L. 😤The only Lancaster in my scale 1/144 is the merlin engine one by crown..revell, academy and minicraft. I got a conversion guide from I think it was fine scale to convert a Lancaster to Manchester the wings are coming along the engine rebuild is tedious. Anyway I would like to build the radial engine Lancaster. Would I be out of line to use the engine and cowling from my beaufighter and mate it to my old crown kit. What's the thought here and any suggestions would be appreciated

Pro

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Prospero said:

The only Lancaster in my scale 1/144 is the merlin engine one by crown..revell, academy and minicraft.

Amodel do a Lancaster in 1/144 , not an easy build, but looks much better than any of the old Crown mould repops, there's also an F-Toys one that's better than the Crown one and an easy build.

5 hours ago, Prospero said:

Would I be out of line to use the engine and cowling from my beaufighter and mate it to my old crown kit.

No, you wouldn't, that's pretty much what Avro did. 1/144 beaufighters available form F-Toys and Mark 1.

18 hours ago, Dave Swindell said:

Amodel do a Lancaster in 1/144 , not an easy build, but looks much better than any of the old Crown mould repops, there's also an F-Toys one that's better than the Crown one and an easy build.

No, you wouldn't, that's pretty much what Avro did. 1/144 beaufighters available form F-Toys and Mark 1.

I'm not sure how good the A model kit is building a C123 from them, detail work not bad but doing a lot of work getting the parts to match up correctly. Got one of the ftoys chased that one on eBay kept getting out bid got a bunch of ftoys at a kit show some guy was selling all ftoys for five bucks got like ten, the Lancaster was one and a corsair and several I didn't have. That's for the info have a great day

16 hours ago, Dave Fleming said:

And you can use the Merlin nacelles to make Beaufighter mk IIs

Thanks for the tip didn't know that have to check it out. Have a great day

Pro