Garage Sakura

So the post doesn't get entirely lost from the automotive modellers here in the  in the mostly military diorama part of the forums, I'm making this post to help it be found.  

Here is one image. 13 others are in the diorama post here:-

spacer.png

• Like 13

Hello! That dark blue one on the left, unless I'm way out, is a Rev 5 Mk2 MR2 and there's its engine lying in front! I started to wonder when I saw what look like MR2 wheels up on that rack.

Youza!!

3 hours ago, MR2Don said:

Hello! That dark blue one on the left, unless I'm way out, is a Rev 5 Mk2 MR2 and there's its engine lying in front! I started to wonder when I saw what look like MR2 wheels up on that rack.

Youza!!

I can see how it'd look like that from this angle, assuming you're referring to the first image in the series. However it's not - dark blue on the left is a Mazda RX-7 Spirit-R. FD3S - with a Tamiya' RX-7 rotary engine on the pallet out front.  And the wheels on the top row of the rack are from Tamiya's Honda NSX (as are, on the right, the gold bumper, bonnet on the wall and two front wings) . Although as I've made a Mk2 MR2, I can say they're very similar 5 spoke 90's alloys. The MR2 is in one of the photos on the top layer of the hydraulic lift.

Edited by galaxyg

10 hours ago, galaxyg said:

Although as I've made a Mk2 MR2, I can say they're very similar 5 spoke 90's alloys. The MR2 is in one of the photos on the top layer of the hydraulic lift.

Ahem, my mistake, I hadn't looked at the whole diorama when I wrote my comment, or I would have spotted it. WRT the MR2, is it the Fujimi kit and did you note that the wheels are way over size, scale up to 17" which MR2s never had. I've built one and converted it back to a UK spec rev 2! (see image to the left).

On 4/6/2021 at 8:19 AM, MR2Don said:

Ahem, my mistake, I hadn't looked at the whole diorama when I wrote my comment, or I would have spotted it. WRT the MR2, is it the Fujimi kit and did you note that the wheels are way over size, scale up to 17" which MR2s never had. I've built one and converted it back to a UK spec rev 2! (see image to the left).

I'd not noticed. I think I only notice when wheels are too small (*cough* Revell)  Bigger alloys usually look good to me. Indeed even if inaccurate.  I have a 3rd Gen Fujimi MR-S yet to build. I may convert it to the superGT Autobacs version. Then  I will have a Mk1, Mk2 and Mk3 in my collection.

Edited by galaxyg

12 hours ago, galaxyg said:

Bigger alloys usually look good to me. Indeed even if inaccurate.

Ditto - and bigger wheels are one of the most popular aftermarket additions anyway, so not necessarilly inaccurate!

On 06/04/2021 at 21:33, Natter said:

Darn sight tidier than my garage...

And a heck of a lot bigger than mine!

K

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, keefr22 said:

and bigger wheels are one of the most popular aftermarket additions anyway

Very true, but the main reason is the extremely limited availability of the standard rear tyres - 225/50-15.